Considering the Gerber Suspension are there any others I should be looking at?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have wanted a full-size multi tool for a while now but haven't had the funds( I have a tiny cheap one that isn't bad but is too small for most things). My budget is still very modest though so unfortunately leathermans and SOG's seem to be out of the question. I think I have settled on the gerber because it reviews well, has nice looking pliers and locking tools which I really like.

Is there anything else in this price range I should be considering? Thanks

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking now, thanks!

Any other suggestions would be welcome though as this website does not discuss price.

Last edited:

ericjohn

Enlightened
I bought a Gerber Suspension from K-Mart a few months ago. I keep it in my backpack as my EDC knife (and other gadgets). Blade is really sharp, can opener is ok, pliers are really neat as they are spring loaded. Screw driver is really good (I used it to repair a 2AA angle head flashlight). Never used the serrated or wood saw blade or bottle opener. Wire cutters work very nice. Scissors seem to be sturdier than a SAK.

A friend at church saw mine and he gave me money to go pick one up for him, and he enjoys his very much.

I payed less than $30 for it and it has served me well.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
My Leatherman Blast has been serving me perfectly. It cost me all of $33 when I was in the states (off Amazon). The knife is bloody sharp and the tools are great, I've actually used the tiny flathead eyepiece screwdriver the most (to remove O rings off lights and also put them in place/even them out). Can't say anything bad about it yet. 25 year warranty too, can't beat that. If you go this route, get the nylon sheath as it has two little slots that fit the 4Sevens Preon 1 or similar AAA lights perfectly; great for a grab-n-go toolkit.