• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD AND PAID FOR - McGizmo Lunasol 27

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one hurts. As if last weekend's sale didn't hurt enough! Oh, well, since I hope to score a Spy Tri-V and now also need a new digital SLR, something has to go. And this one hurts!!

Disclaimer - rarely can a titanium light ever be represented as "perfect" - the very nature of the titanium invites small surface scratches and even left over machining marks. With that statement out of the way, I'll submit that this piece is near perfect. If you know me, you know that I really care for my lights! I purchased this light last year from Royal Oak and have rarely taken it out, other than to shoot the occasional photo.

So offered today is the Lunasol 27. Since I am reluctant to sell it in the first place, my price is not likely to be reduced.

The LS27 is $675 shipped CONUS, insurance is an extra $10

If you would like a mint C Pak to go along, you can purchase them together for $800 and I will pay for shipping and insurance. I do not wish to sell the C Pak unless it goes with the LS27 OR the LS27 has sold.

Paypal gift appreciated, but not required - I pay the fees.

First "I'll Take It" posted HERE takes priority over Private Messages or emails, but if you have questions please feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. That is also my Paypal addy. The light will be thoroughly cleaned, threads lubed with Krytox, and O Rings replaced. It will be like new. Any dust you see in the photos is just that - dust - and it won't be there when you get the light!

P1020348.JPG

P1020351.JPG

P1020352.JPG

Mounted on the C Pak
P1020347.JPG

Last edited:

OscarTheDog

Enlightened
Re: FS - McGizmo Lunasol 27

Very Nice And Damn Quick :huh:lovecpf

OTD

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Congrats to both! Didn't think you would let this go, Dan! Beautiful...

Honestly, me either. But it was truly a shelf queen, and I have a chance to pick up a Canon EOS 40D at a very good price, plus that Tri-V (someday - hopefully) beckons. So, farewell LS27, but hopefully hello Tri-V!!

Last edited:

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, sir. A C Pak (see here) is a single CR123 McClicky body designed to work with Don's (and the Arc 6) piston drive lights. It has threads on the inside instead of out...

Ahh the "C" is a clickie vs a PD style hence the extra length for the switch that led me to believe it's a 17500 vs a 16340 cell body.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to seccond dad's post! Like Troy said...buyer and seller are both A+++....good as they get...and a true asset to the forum! Daniel, I received my little surprise from you and want to offer my gratitude and thanks. You are the spirit and heart and soul of the forum! Dave enjoy your new light....a true classic from the Master himself! lovecpf

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just had the pleasure of meeting Dave! Since we are both residents of the DC area, it was great to be able to meet him and deliver the light/CPak in person. Very nice guy, and a credit to CPF and the community of flashaholics!!

Enjoy your new light, Dave! It is a work of art - a tribute to the craftsmen that still can be found in the good ol' USA!

:twothumbs :wave:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I wouldn't have sold this until I knew I was going to be getting a Tri-V in the mail...but I guess, if you've got other goodies to spend the cash on (or even the inclination to save it for a while!), then why not...

Anyway, here's a quick shameless plug for my Centauri modding service, for the benefit of the new owner: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280472 :D

You hit the nail on the head. First of all, I believe that I will get a Tri-V, but should I miss it, I'll just hang on to the cash and wait for something cool to come up. My LS27 wasn't being used - it was a shelf queen - and I'm glad for someone else to have the chance to enjoy it. But to support your plug, Dave, if you want to turn that thing into a 'flamethrower' check out fyrstormer's mod!!

:D