Watch with LOTS of tritium?

HOLONYAK

Newly Enlightened
Hi! Does anyone know if the Ball Engineer Master II Dive watch has the most tritium these days? How about something comparable but less $teep?
Thanks in advance!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Traser, and Luminox have tritium lights, but I dare say they are no where at all anywhere close to what a Ball has to offer. I can't comment on the amount of tritium in a Ball vs another. But I have lusted over some hopelessly that had upwards of 60 tritium vials in the hands and dials.

I have never seen a watch get near that, but some of the Luminox and Trasers have a few, and the price is right, around $500 max.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ball watches remain the ones that have the most tritium in them I have ever seen.

I wanted a Ball Night Train but abandonned the idea quickly when seeking the best price. It's cool but out of my league. :crazy:

MrBadExample

Newly Enlightened
The Ball watches are great. I have two, a titanium hydrocarbon mad cow edition and an engineer master II tmt diver. I'm not sure I would want more trits in them. They are very bright at night. The bargain in their lineup is the fireman and the night train version has about 60 vials of tritium. These retail for about 1,000. Relatively inexpensive for automatic watches.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know abount the fireman but the night train version is almost twice this price at $1800

Unless you know where to find it for $1k ?

Also the night train has been available with different tritium colors.
My favorite is this one
A1_BallFNT_BestLumeShot1a.jpg

I think they are now making more classic colors like green. This version is probably unobtainable now.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I don't get this whole 'more i better' attitude.... I own (an love) a TSAR, with 'only' 14 trits (hour markers and hands) and i can tell time in darkness just perfectly and just like those ballsy watches it will continue to do so for about 20 years.... And i bet 60 vials will give you wrist cancer four times faster than 14 :popcorn:

MrBadExample

Newly Enlightened
And i bet 60 vials will give you wrist cancer four times faster than 14 :popcorn:

:crackup: Mine has 32, so I'll get it only twice as quick...:rolleyes:

Tino ale, your right, the night train is about $1800, but, the fireman series are in the $1000k range. I have seen and purchased a Ball Watch heavily discounted from retail while on vacation in the Carribean. It depends of course on the dealer.....

MrBadExample

Newly Enlightened
My :fail:.....:oops:

The Fireman is about "ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS" ....insert pinky in corner of mouth.....:devil:

:nana:

Samy

Enlightened
Are there any issue with so much tritium? I want a tritium watch but my wife won't let me because she thinks i'll grow another head or something...

cheers

gollum

Enlightened
Hey Samy
Quote... so much tritium?..

lol its not much radioactivity overall...
there are no issues unless you swallow AND break the glass vial
the tritium gas is contained in the borosilicate glass vial
the H3 gas is radioactive but only slightly enough to excite the phosphorus coating inside the glass
it cannot even penetrate your skin even it was able to get past the glass
the only potential danger was if if is ingested and adsorbed into your bodys cells
some people wear jewellry such as cubic zirconia and other stones that can be radioactive depending on their origin and way they were created
after some years they can leave a red mark from touching the skin
this is because they are slightly radioactive
but it isn't going to make any real difference to your health,just a red mark
I think we all copped more radioactivity in the environment from the Fukishima nuclear meltdown than anything else (so it was said at the time)

weklund

Enlightened

Here are a couple of my Dievas Divergraph .... No longer in production yet they pop up for sale on watch forums. One is SS and the other PVD. Great watch with ceramic bezel insert, screwdown crown, sapphire crystal. Citizen Quarts Chrono 200m. The only downside to this watch is the markers on the ceramic bezel insert tend to wear off. I have since removed the marker script with 3M cloth and they look great. Very nice watch for the money.

You can find these for around 250.00.

DIEVAS.jpg

DBP31.jpg

DEEP BLUE T25 PVD ..... 100.00

660446d1332522655-deep-blue-deal-week-new-bezel-design-99-00-t25pvd.jpg

.....Happy Landings.....​

Last edited: