Review: "Tactical H2O" (Maxped 10X4 + Guyot + Maxped TC + GSI Bottle Cup)

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I've never posted here before, but thought some of you might be interested in this small review:

Well, after a few months of collecting different pieces for this water bottle carrier, I am finished (because I can't fit anything else in here). On the outside is the Maxpedition 10x4 Bottle Holder with a shoulder strap from my Wilderness Holster (very nice strap). The 10x4 is expensive, but it is well made and one of the only ways to carry a water bottle on the outside of my pack. It's insulated, allows extra stuff to also be carried in it, and has a nice big front pocket for snacks or a kit. Inside is a Maxpedition Tactical Can Case, which serves no purpose in life (especially for its price) unless you put a kit in it an sink it to the bottom of a 10x4. On top of that goes the GSI Bottle Cup, I've used a slightly smaller version of this cup for the past 10 years and have been more than pleased with it. This Bottle Cup version is about 1/4" bigger in diameter and allows a Guyot or Nalgene to fit inside it. The Guyot itself (actually a rebranded Nalgene Guyot which were $15 at ****'s a few months back) is the perfect water bottle for me. It is stainless, has cut threads, an awesome removeable lid, and is the perfect 40 oz. (advertised as 32 oz.) for me. I have some 5" Maxpedition TacTies on the back which work well for a belt loop for my hiking backpack waist belt. I just found out I can put my Taurus TCP .380 in the front pocket with room to spare! I put some stuff in my kit, most of it is recognizable except for perhaps the Frontier Straw which is a very simple water filter with no moving parts.

DSC00921.jpg
DSC00922.jpg

DSC00927.jpg
DSC00923.jpg

DSC00930.jpg
DSC00889.jpg

DSC00891.jpg
DSC00887.jpg

DSC00899.jpg
DSC00890.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: Review: "Tactical H2O" (Maxped 10X4 + Guyot + Maxped TC + GSI Bottle Cup)

Excellent kit! I didn't realize that Nalgene and Guyot were associated now. I wonder if Nagene bought them or something. I love pocket .380's and really like what you've done with the little Taurus. So much capability...but yet so small. Thanks for the great pictures as well.

I have a "32oz" Guyot which tapers and the 40oz but It typically only hoof around one of them at a time. Perfect for heating liquids! Now that I carry a Stainless container with me along with the GSI mug, I don't know how I survived with plastic containers for so long. The stainless bottle is so versatile.

nuphoria

Newly Enlightened
Re: Review: "Tactical H2O" (Maxped 10X4 + Guyot + Maxped TC + GSI Bottle Cup)

That's a handy set up. I have just started using a 10 x 4 as the basis of my EDC bag. I have a medium tactile and a 7 x 5 x 2 stacked beside it and the 2" strap. It works great!