Lantern/Nite lite choices?

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I've been researching LED lanterns/nite-lites and am hoping to get a few more options....

What I'm looking for is essentially a nite-lite on steroids. It will be for my mom and that places some restrictions: the batteries must be standard alkalines only and the interface needs to be simple. No multiple clicks to change brightness if at all possible - a dial to control output would be ideal. And finally, the run time on low (the 'nite-lite' setting) needs to be long, as in days.

Oh, and I'd like something that has a pleasing light and not too expensive either. And I'd like a pet unicorn with that too... :ironic:

I have ruled out the safe-light/pak-light type lights that fit on a 9V. I'm currently leaning towards the egear 10-day lantern but would really like something a little smaller, less brightness at max output, but still retains the dial control.

Any other suggestions?

Can anyone tell me if that egear lantern looks ok or not?

Thanks.

Ayeaux

Newly Enlightened
Did you see this thread?

link

Seems pretty close to what you are looking for.

Last edited:

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ayeaux - that looks just about perfect. I had seen an earlier version of it that didn't look so good, but this one seems to have addressed all the problems and really improved upon the original. I'm going to get myself one as well :party: