1365 Lumen Stanley Spotlight

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
How impressed are you with this light? I bought it a week ago and have been blasting it at work (where I'm currently posting from), and the thing will sure light up the night!

We've been looking for a car theif who keeps coming around and needed something bright enough to light up the area around a large parking lot with moderate ambient light. This one is performing nicely, but I always wonder what I'm missing.

But this is my first spotlight. How does this one stack up against y'alls favs?

Last edited:

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
I'll say this for the 1365...it absolutely rocks! Hotel parking lots with lots of ambient lighting, window-tinted VIP's cars, etc. It's got 'em covered. But anything heavier - no matter how bright - would start to seem ridiculous -- at least, that's my impression not having blasted the HID to see for myself.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
But anything heavier - no matter how bright - would start to seem ridiculous

The HID definitely seems ridiculous; it's too bright with too much spill to use in any sort of city or suburban setting, and any parking lot you use it in will have plenty of ambient lighting after you turn it on.. Using Google Earth, I've verified illuminating objects 2100 feet away, many times..