• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB:3A driver

beam24

Newly Enlightened
looking for a cheap 3A driver for a p7 if anyone has one please send me a pm :)

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Your saying that you don't want to buy one off of Kaidomain, Dealextreme or sandwitchshoppe? Because there is an abundance of P7 drivers on all those sites. If you feel uncomfortable with ordering from them, you can buy one off of CPF member Download, but he ships from china aswell.

beam24

Newly Enlightened
well there are so many that im not sure witch is a good one for my maglite build.....any ideas ?

beam24

Newly Enlightened
im either going with AW's C cell battery just one or AW's 18650 battery

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Well personally, I think that your should start small with your first build and use regular disposable D cells, or Nimh cells, as these are low maintenance, low voltage, safe, and easy to use. My first Mag mod was a direct driven 3D P7, meaning that there was no circuitry between the batteries and the LED. Then I moved on to more complicated Mag mods involving dual drivers and multiple LED's etc.....

Anyway, if you insist on using Li-Ions, how exactly do you plan on using just one Li-Ion cell in a Maglite? Two 18650's can fit inside a 2C Mag (barely).

beam24

Newly Enlightened
iv made one p7 flashlight using one of DOWNLOADS drivers and a small sun host using one 18650 pretty nice but i want more power and great thrower lol

so now im wanting to build a mag 1D using a MG lens or something but im not sure on the driver or battery/batteries i want to use (small as possible)

mrartillery

Enlightened
Two 18650's can fit inside a 2C Mag (barely).

Thats half true, non protected cells yes, protected no. Unless u move the switch slightly forward or use one of these. This is what I use in my 2 C's. Other options include the MagRing or AW's C extender which give just enough length to clear them, although these options are getting hard to come by.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
DOWNLOADS drivers are awesome. They are my favorite driver because you can choose what mode set you want.

I personally have not gone down the Maglite aspherical path (yet).

If you want something small and powerful, a 2C x2 18650 (UNprotected) P7 Maglite is great. I have one strapped to the inside roll cage of my Jeep. Really good sized flashlight.

beam24

Newly Enlightened
if i go with 2x18650 how would i make the connections inside the mag ? if i use one i no how to hook that up lol