SunwayLED
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: V3 Triple XPG 1100 lumen Fully Regulated Drop-ins now available

Default Re: V3 Triple XPG 1100 lumen Fully Regulated Drop-ins now available

Oveready is staffed by evil flashlight geniuses missioned to create cutting edge lighting instruments to mystify and amaze us.

My new V3 tripple and host are on the way. Thanks for making more available so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moddoo View Post
    Thanks for the orders everyone.

MMMMM, Two Hearted, might be my favorite beverage, can't blame ya...

Do not run the softstart with the V3 triple, they do not play well together.
    As you know, they will not work with the M2-50 head either. (1 cell)
    Thanks for speedy response..., I had to do a reply to my order to see if I could get an orange cerakote A19 added to my order and 4 18500s. I couldn't seem to add the orange A19 without ordering a body - but already have the orange cerakote 6P from ElectronGuru.

Thought the softstart wasn't man enough for the triple. Works great with my incans and my first Malkoffs.

Sooner or later I'll have to rationalize all my bodies & dropins.

Please post pics of your orange 6P with extender and V3 Triple! That's gonna be one pretty lookin' setup.

That is: Once it arrives and is setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ninemm View Post
    Please post pics of your orange 6P with extender and V3 Triple! That's gonna be one pretty lookin' setup.

That is: Once it arrives and is setup.
    Will be interesting to see how long it is in the conceleco (spelling) holster. Have an bored HAIII 6P from Electronguru as well, maybe I should get two A19s & mix/match.....

I've got the original triple XPE 3 level (warm) and then version II XPE triple 3 level (cool). It is really amazing how big the "hot spot" is - it's almost as if there is no hotspot just really bright center area with bright out from there..., be interesting to see how this matches up.

Quick response from Dan, ordered orange cerakote A19 extender, batteries, zero resistance tail...
    Last edited by nfetterly; 07-02-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Any more neutral M2-50s available soon? I missed out on this run.

Aagh!!! all gone again!!!

These are truly beautiful dropins!!!

Please Please do a 2 or 3 mode triple or SST50 with broad voltage up to 9volts. The 3 level would be so useful for light/runtime magmt and be the perfect setup!!!

order placed for an sst50 and new host.. you guys truly are evil! thanks!

I nabbed myself a neutral M2-50 just after work(almost shocked that neutral has the same luminous flux as cool white), with a nice Turnkey White C2 host for it.

I'm excited to finally get my hands on my first Moddoo item.

As expected, Moddoo has a talent for separating people's money from their wallet.

very nice looking product.. question on the color, I see a gray M2-50 head on the order page, do you have a choice of color? Also do you sell the entire M2/C2 host (head/body/tail) with in a uniform color?

..and are you going to make the M2-50 with levels?
    ty
    made in china...

Just as well that the M2 SST-50s have sold out as I would have been very tempted but cannot afford one just now.

Hopefully UK customs will deliver my tripple to me later this week.

The M2 SST-50 looks to be very nicely done and I coud see one replacing my custom M2 running a Nailbender direct drive SST-50 at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokoff View Post
    do you have a choice of color? Also do you sell the entire M2/C2 host (head/body/tail) with in a uniform color?

..and are you going to make the M2-50 with levels?
    We are just getting started with the M2-50. The initial version is type II only with a choice of body/tails we already have.

If there is sufficient interest, we may consider:

6P/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or orange cerakote
    C2/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or white cerakote
    M2 configurations built out with the original body/head/tail
    Z2/M2 configurations in all black HA

And an installation service, conducted like the bore batches

Most SST/50 configurations provide half the power of this configuration. It is unlikely we can find a driver (necessary for levels) that can push the 5+ amps this setup needs for full power.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 07-03-2010 at 01:31 PM.

I know it says not to use 26*** cells on the M2-50, but has the 26650 cell been considered?
    It's been said that the IMR 26650 cell has a much lower discharge rate than an IMR 18650, and I assume the AW IMR 26500 as well.

After doing a short test with my multimeter from RatShack, if anything the current draw from the IMR 26650 cell seems LESS than the draw from my AW 18650 2600mAh cell.

Does anyone have anything conclusive about the discharge rate of an IMR 26650 cell compared to the AW 18650 2600mAh cell?

This might sound petty, but the reason I'm so obsessed with wanting to be able to run the M2-50 with an 26650 is because the M2 head seems the most "balanced" with the FM 26650 host and makes any other 18650 host seem too "fat" around the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    I know it says not to use 26*** cells on the M2-50, but has the 26650 cell been considered?
    It's been said that the IMR 26650 cell has a much lower discharge rate than an IMR 18650, and I assume the AW IMR 26500 as well.

After doing a short test with my multimeter from RatShack, if anything the current draw from the IMR 26650 cell seems LESS than the draw from my AW 18650 2600mAh cell.

Does anyone have anything conclusive about the discharge rate of an IMR 26650 cell compared to the AW 18650 2600mAh cell?

This might sound petty, but the reason I'm so obsessed with wanting to be able to run the M2-50 with an 26650 is because the M2 head seems the most "balanced" with the FM 26650 host and makes any other 18650 host seem too "fat" around the head.

I was kind of thinking the same thing but with something like an 18xxx host. Bored C3 to run two 18500? I figured the extra length would help balance out the extra weight of the larger M2 head, but I see that the m2-50 was designed to run off of a single cell. It's almost like, from a weight balance perspective, the triple xpg should run off of a single cell host and the m2-50 should run off of a double cell host.

Apologies if I missed it, but what's the run time of the M2-50 on an 18650/2600?

If you guys want to discuss this Direct Drive M2-50 head, let's get a new thread going please.

This regulated triple needs all the space it can get right now.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Apologies if I missed it, but what's the run time of the M2-50 on an 18650/2600?
    These will run for roughly 30 minutes on a fresh cell.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR RECENT ORDERS
    Last edited by Moddoo; 07-03-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks! Looking forward to the new toy!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    If there is sufficient interest, we may consider:

6P/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or orange cerakote
    C2/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or white cerakote
    M2 configurations built out with the original body/head/tail
    Z2/M2 configurations in all black HA

And an installation service, conducted like the bore batches
    Please, please, please implement an installation service! I have my M2 head packed up and ready to ship

Failing that, I'd love to see complete hosts in HA black.

I just built up my PayPal account by selling off some of my prized stuff on CPF/MP and now trying to patiently wait for a 1400 (still under development) 3-mode 'neutral' for my SF C3.

I can wait for this optimum configuration - winter is a long ways off...

My calcs show ~380 emitter lumens at the 20% (current) 'medium' setting for a '1400' ?
    The runtime on this setting w/ 2x18500 would be phenomenal.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 07-07-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Short question: Can i run one of these in a Solarforce L2P Host? I planned on doing so (2x 18650 with Extender) but i just read about contact problems, since the head is slightly deeper compared to Surefire Models. The statement was based on the older version of the drop-in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I just built up my PayPal account by selling off some of my prized stuff on CPF/MP and now trying to patiently wait for a 1400 (still under development) 3-mode 'neutral' for my SF C3.

I can wait for this optimum configuration - winter is a long ways off...

My calcs show ~380 emitter lumens at the 20% (current) 'medium' setting for a '1400' ?
    The runtime on this setting w/ 2x18500 would be phenomenal.
    sounds like a sweet setup. Hope to help you with that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Duglum View Post
    Short question: Can i run one of these in a Solarforce L2P Host? I planned on doing so (2x 18650 with Extender) but i just read about contact problems, since the head is slightly deeper compared to Surefire Models. The statement was based on the older version of the drop-in though.
    I do not have any of those hosts to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Moddoo View Post
    I do not have any of those hosts to test.
    I haven't seen the L2P, but I have done some measurements of the SolarForce L2m - not only is measurement 'H1a' slightly deeper than the SureFire 6P, but in addition, D1 = D2 so you will poor thermal contact near the base of the drop-in:

The SolarForce head/bezel makes things worse: H1 is ~0.020" greater and D2 is ~0.005" greater than the SureFire:

This all adds up to poorer thermal transfer to the host. I fail to see an advantage to using a less-expensive host that provides fitment and thermal transfer issues.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 07-08-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Neutral V3 arrived yesterday morning, and it is stunning! I thought my XP-E triple was something, and this blows it away in tint, beam profile, and the just insane amount of light. Build quality and fit and finish are off the charts.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project. You have created something truly special.
    I pledge to be Shelf Queen-free by 01/01/11. "Use 'em!"
    My Builds: Mag623 ; RoomSweeper Clone

I would like to see some beam shots. Floor, ceiling, wall, aircraft flying over or the cat. I have one of the V3's on it's way and would love to see some real world beam shots. Please ....
    Last edited by weklund; 07-09-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    ....."Happy Landings".....

I wanted to get some beamshots last night but am moving into a new place and have hardly any of my equipment (tripods, etc.) handy. I'll see what I can come up with in a few hours, but it might not be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by ejot View Post
    Neutral V3 arrived yesterday morning, and it is stunning! I thought my XP-E triple was something, and this blows it away in tint, beam profile, and the just insane amount of light. Build quality and fit and finish are off the charts.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project. You have created something truly special.
    I have an xpe as well. do you have it hooked up to a 6p or 9p body...and battery size??

Hey guys I was able to get a couple passable shots.

Here's the Triples in some Orange hosts.

I don't have any other good D26 hosts that take 18mm cells, just Solarforce stuff. So the following shots will be using these hosts. Both are running 18650, so realize the V3 is not even pushing its full potential! I have IMRs for it but they're not currently matched in charge and I don't have time to charge them right now.

Weklund.... since you said "please" , I rigged this beam shot jig real quick before leaving work. This thing is actually handier than a tripod!

OK, let's see the good stuff. Here's the cool/XP-E V1 in the MD2 vs. the neutral/XP-G V3 in the 6P:

And since the MD2 does cut out a little of the beam, I swapped them. V1 in the 6P and V3 in the MD2:

A'ite, let's go outside. Here you can't see too much of a difference between the hosts, so I'll just put up the one set, the V1 is in the MD2. I think you can figure out which is which. And remember, this is only ~75% of full output on the V3.

THESE DROP INS ROCK!!
    My new neighbors may already hate me. That's why I did these with still a little daylight left.

-evan

I read this entire thread post by post and still cant figure out what is the drive current of each XP-G R5.

Are the XP-G R5's being driven at 1A each?

The direct drive unit at 1260 OTF lumens and 4A at the tail was probably pushing each emitter at well over 1A each. I'm just trying to guage here the differences here.

I still need one to test, but they sell faster then 9mm bullets at WallMart
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Very impressive. Nice flood coming out of the SF host. Looks very bright and similar to my Gen 2 Malkoff MD3. Can't wait to receive my V3. Really appreciate the shots. Great rig you put together there.
    ....."Happy Landings".....

MD3 "v2.0" ... want one so bad

Finally got to charge two IMRs and throw them in, WOW sweet 93% efficient full regulation "that is bright"

BigC PM me your address if you'd like, I'd be happy to let you test it.
    Last edited by ejot; 07-10-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: whoops typo

Thanks Evan for the beam shot comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    I read this entire thread post by post and still cant figure out what is the drive current of each XP-G R5.

Are the XP-G R5's being driven at 1A each?
    These units have the LEDs driven at 1.1A each.

Quote Originally Posted by ejot View Post

BigC PM me your address if you'd like, I'd be happy to let you test it.
    Awesome, thanks man.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast