What Belt ?

salop sniper

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the wrong area if so I appologise now and could someone direct me to where I should be ?

My question is what sort of belts do you guys wear when you have a flashlight on your belt and prehapse a pocket knife or multi tool too ?

For work I am on call at times so can be called out at all hours of the night and always take a flash light with me if called in when its dark ! Also at a weekend i tend to have a pocket knife / multi tool on me when out shooting/hunting or just generally around the home.

I have a light weight nylon belt on a pair of cargo trousers and a leather belt for most other trousers but the nylon one realy struggles with the weight of the LED LENSOR P7 and a multi tool / knife, it keeps wanting to fold over so my only choice currently is my only leather belt.

Would be good to hear what you guys use !

Cheers

Matt

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a belt designed to carry weight. My experience is with gun belts:

The Beltman

Aker

Wilderness

The Beltman is widely considered to be the best, and is my preference, but you'll pay for it. It's worth it.

The Aker B21 and Wilderness Instructor are also considered good budget belts.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wear a generic belt bought from Wal-Mart or Target. $15 or $20 can get you a decent leather belt from those places. Just be sure it's thick leather.

I do own more expensive dress belts. But I lose weight rather rapidly due to something I'd rather not get into. It causes me to normally go through belts very quickly. But must admit that my last belt lasted me over a year. Thickness, and not punching new notches into a belt, really helps with EDCing items and having the belt last.

On some belts, I put new notches behind the old ones that came with the belt. No matter how well I centered the notches or punched through them, the belt would always slowly start to crack and that crack would slowly get longer. Solved that problem by buying belts two sizes smaller than I think I need. That causes me to use the first or second notch. Then, when I lose weight, I just go towards the notches located away from the start of the belt. (Did that with the belt that lasted me for over a year.)

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 1.5" Wilderness Instructors belt, with the TI buckle.
most comfortable belt i have worn, nice and light, and stiff enough to easily support big lights.
my normal "round the house" carry is a U2 in a speed holster, and a BRKT Gunny.
it doesnt have a problem with supporting an Ultrastinger or Magcharger though.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
!

Remember - of course ...........

The width of your belt is limited by the width of the belt loops on you pants.

Also by the width of the loop on your light holster.

Try a nylon & velcro Police duty belt .

~

Patriot

Flashaholic
+1 for the Wilderness.

I've owned my for 6-8 years now and picked it up when the company was still young. For the past 6 months I've worn my every day at work. Based on the way it's holding up this far, I guessing it will last another decade as long as I don't cut it on something.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The all leather Carhartt belt is fairly inexpensive, decent weight leather, and the buckle being all leather covered won't scratch the back of your guitar!