• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 2000 lumen Mag 2C SST-90 8.5 Amp

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huge July 4th Sale: Sale price $169, now till Sunday. Include the 4 batteries.

USA Only. happy Independence day everyone.
PP Goods: PP Fee+Shipping + Insurance =$15
PP Personal NO Fee: Shipping + Insurance = $9

Posting of "I'll take it" has priority over PM

Who'd thought 2000 lumens could be pumped out of a Mag 2C? In an
Elephant may be, but mag 2C?

Now It's reality! Introducing the first ever mag 2C with a fully driven SST-90 to spec.

I've always loved Mag 2C size, after building quite a few SST-90 lights on mag D platform, I've finally figure out a way to make the first mag 2C ever that could drive SST-90 to 8-9 Amp.

$195 USA Only, battery included. Add $15 to cover PP fee, Shipping & Insurance.

For short duration use only, It may get very hot after a few mins, keep it in your hand for heat diccipation. Do not turn on & leave on the table.

Specs:

• Brand New Black Mag2C Host with AW C Cell extender.
  • Bright lumens Mag C SST-90 HAIII deep heat sink
  • Metal OP Reflector, Bored to 16mm to allow focus adjustment
  • 22 AWD Silver coated copper wire in Teflon Sleeve
  • Top M Bin SSR-90 67K cool white
  • 4x 4/5 Sub C 2000 mAH NIMH Direct Drive ( NiMHs are included)
  • Delivers 8.5 Amp stat, peak close to 9AMP after warm-up
  • at 9AMP via direct drive >2,000 lumens at LED (1000 [email protected] 2250 lum@9A)
  • Deep Bored Tail Cap/Recessed spring to accept Sub C Battery in tail.
  • No Drivers, the ultimate efficiency w/o any chance of driver failure
Note: I included the batteries so that buyer can have fun immediately.
One of the 4 batteries seem a little weak & appears to drian faster, so at least one battery should be replaced ASAP.

Buyer should get some new batteries (cut the tab) & make sure all 4 batteries are strong. The link below is the battery I used, not sure if other battery would fit in the bored tail cap. Get them here: herehttp://www.batteryjunction.com/tenergy-45th-sc-1-2-2000-tabs.html

The Use of AW extender enables 4x 4/5 Sub C NIMH to fit in Mag 2C:
img4807.jpg

Stat out at 8.5A & Peak Current is 9 Amp :thumbsup:.
img4800px.jpg

Black on Black: Brightlumens Black HAIII SST-90 sink in Black Mag C.
img4839k.jpg

Deep Bored tail cap to accept Sub C NiMH:
img4811l.jpg

Conical Metal OP Reflector bored to16 mm to accept SST-90 presented by Brightlumens's sink to allow focus adjustment.

This conical reflector gives a nice beam with a strong hot spot, yields a luscious beam that has fairly diffuse edges as compared with the more flat-bottomed P7/MC-E reflectors that also work well with the SST-50.

This set up retains Mag's focus function to achieve ideal beam.
img4813x.jpg

It's the same Conical reflector as seen here, but I bored the bottom to 16mm: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280697

img0755q.jpg

Last edited:

js-lots

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 2000 lumen Mag 2C SST-90 8.5 Amp

As always, a very nice build. I was wondering is their any room for a d2flex between the heatsink and switch?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 2000 lumen Mag 2C SST-90 8.5 Amp

Huge July 4th Sale: Sale price $169, now till Sunday. Include the 4 batteries.

USA Only. happy Independence day everyone!

Nice job:thumbsup:
Thanks!

As always, a very nice build. I was wondering is their any room for a d2flex between the heatsink and switch?

Yes, d2flex is thin. Not sure of diameter but there's a driver slot under the brightlumens's heat sink. Driver can fit there if small or if diameter too big,
there's about 5-6mm the one can shave off from top of the C switch to fit D2flex.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Huge July 4th Sale: 2000 lumen Mag 2C SST-90 8.5 Amp

bump..

pee10755

Newly Enlightened

I have two quick questions. I know this light can't run straight threw a full charge, but if you had to estimate what is the expected run time on a fresh set of batteries? Secondly, with this battery configuration is the discharge flat or will the brightness decline fairly quickly during the discharge cycle? Thanks.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have two quick questions. I know this light can't run straight threw a full charge, but if you had to estimate what is the expected run time on a fresh set of batteries? Secondly, with this battery configuration is the discharge flat or will the brightness decline fairly quickly during the discharge cycle? Thanks.

These batteries are rated 30A max., Running at 8-9A is no problem,
2000MAH is = 2A for 1hr, i.e 8A for 1/4 Hr. ~15min run time like those 100W Mag Hot wires like mag 61, USL (Ultimate stealth ligt) etc. ,The current will go down after a few min & may allow run time extended to 20min or so, I usually recharge when I see it starts to turn less bright to keep the cell topped off.

The 4 cell set-up isn't built for Run Time, it's really for shock & awe use, it'll blow away Mag 5761, the previous King of mag 2C. It'll also blow away the legendary Mag 1185, which takes longer mag 3C host to make.

For longer Run time, I'd suggest remove one of the cells & AW spacer, put a normal mag spring back (3 4/5 sub C is exactly the length of 2C battery),
Then Run it on 3 4/5 Sub C cells which will drive it to ~3A or so, allows for ~45 min run time with out put still a little stronger than P7, plenty bright for practical use.

When shock & awe time comes, simply put back the extra cell +AW spacer = OMG I am blind :devil:

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I forgot to mention that for max heat transfer, I glued down the SST-90 to heat sink with Arctic Silver Expoxy. Then applied generous amount of Arctic silver 5 to the side surface of heatsink & mag tube to get optimized heat transfer.

Then applied generous amount of Arctic Silver 5 to the threads to maximize heat transfer from Mag tube to the mag head. The aluminum reflector also helps to absorb some heat.

This light is pushing the envelope in every front, maximizing heat transfer is critical to the success of pumping 8-9A into Mag 2C.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

SPF..

Edit: It's sold

Last edited:

ptolemy

Enlightened
grtz!

a question: is there a way to drive sst-90 to the max with 2 cells? maybe 26650x2? or 32650 x2? or have to have minimum certain # of cells?

Latest posts