Can this be converted to Hid?

waloshin

Newly Enlightened
Its a 10 million candle power spotlight.

Sunforce_77760.jpg

Uses a car light at 100 watts, so I was wondering could it be converted to a 35 watt or 55 watt HID used by cars? Such as the ddm tunning ones.

Just swap in the hid bulb and wire it up. Right?

Last edited:

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Yup, it really is that simple. But make sure you have the correct bulb type, otherwise the housing around the bulb will not fit in the bulb terminal, and the wire connectors wont match. So before you order, open up the spotlight and check to see what bulb type it is, example: H2, H3, H4 etc... Once you see the bulb type, then order the HID ballast and bulb. And yes, DDM tuning makes great ballasts and bulbs made here in the USA. Post pictures of your spotlight when your done.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Looks 100% convertible to me. If its an H4 mount, just make sure you get a single beam HID, that has a removable shield... not all of them are removable.
dsc01852a.jpg

dsc01853b.jpg

If you dont remove the shield your beam will look like this:
dscn6121.jpg

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Witch is great for a car. But obviously not for a spotlight. I didn't know the shield was un-removable. Why cant you just cut it off?

That H4 in the above pics is the kit I bought from Xtreme HIDs in North Carolina. It just pulls right off. Not all single beam H4 shields can be removed. Some are ceramic and epoxy-glued onto the glass lamp.

I emailed 6-7 different HID kit retailers. Asking them if the single beam-H4 shields can be removed. Most had no clue what I was talking about, and emailed me back a bunch of marketing BS. Xtreme was the cheapest retailer who knew exactly what I was talking about, and provided me with clear/concise removal instructions. So they are the ones who got my business.

The hard work paid off...
4673621773_3fb22f0f6c_b.jpg

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
That host looks exactly like my Sunforce 25,000,000 cp HID spotlight, which has a 35 W HID system in it.

novalover

Newly Enlightened
so i saw this thread and got so excited cause i had seen a light kinda similar to this one at big lots of all places .for 20 bucks ya get a spotlight that runs a h3 bulb off of a lead acid rechargeable battery, bout 1/2 the size of a motorcycle batt .comes with a led readout for battery life and a small led panel for additional light on the other side. a car adapter cig lighter charger and a wall adapter charger. :twothumbs guess what is sittin at my house right now lol. thanks for the link kramer5150 there is a special for 37 bucks i think i will cash in on . oh the best part is the wall adapter is inside the light itself so all ya have to so is pull it out and veoila perfect spot to mount the hid ballast.after the mod is complete i will start up a thread with pics and beam shots thanks to the op on this one and big lots too lol.