Another newb recommendation request!

Wakko

Newly Enlightened
After seeing that awesome thread with the Russian tunnels, I decided to invest in a couple of lights. I currently use a rechargeable Strion LED as my primary light, a cree $25 trade show light (works great), TLR-1 C4s on my weapons, and a couple Streamlight *** kickers as, well, *** kickers.

I ordered a MXDL CREE Q5 just now, and was eyeballing the $40 shipped Dorcy light also recommended here. Are there any holes that I need to fill in my "collection"? I don't need a big searchlight, though I wouldn't mind a "holy poop" light under $100-$150.

Thanks!

fishinfool

Enlightened
After seeing that awesome thread with the Russian tunnels, I decided to invest in a couple of lights. I currently use a rechargeable Strion LED as my primary light, a cree $25 trade show light (works great), TLR-1 C4s on my weapons, and a couple Streamlight *** kickers as, well, *** kickers.

I ordered a MXDL CREE Q5 just now, and was eyeballing the $40 shipped Dorcy light also recommended here. Are there any holes that I need to fill in my "collection"? I don't need a big searchlight, though I wouldn't mind a "holy poop" light under $100-$150.

Thanks!

First of all, Aloha and welcome to CPF!

You can get a Fenix TK40 for under $150. 630 lumens and tough as hell. I bought my "Holy Sh*t" light :crackup: shortly after reading this:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/233856

There are more lights out there that are bigger, badder and brighter but this is pretty awesome for the price plus it's built like a tank. Definitely a "Holy Sh*t" kind of light.....to me anyway. :twothumbs

Last edited:

red02

Enlightened
I'd recommend the linger special in a 6P host. 500 OTF lumens without the bulky form factor, all for around 80. If your looking to impress the plain, small 6P will wow people just from the sheer size and power.