My small Flashlight collection

lovenhim

Enlightened
Hello everyone. Thanks for all the help and for an education in flashlights for a newbie. I now have some lights based on what my uses may be. I am not a collector but rather a user and so far I have a nice selection depending on what I am doing at the time. Here are my lights.

4755264049_0e041d5d6f_m.jpg

Left to right: Fenix LD01, Quark 123 regular, Romisen RC-N3 2, Preon 2, and Surefire C2 Centurion incandescent. If I had to choose and could live with only one of these lights everyday then it would be the Preon 2. Batteries are cheap and can get them anywhere and it has a nice flood like beam.

weklund

Enlightened
Some lights will come and go but that C2 of yours is definrtely the shining star in your line up. It will serve you, your heirs and your heirs Grand Kids, very well. Great collection of very nice lights. Thanks for sharing.

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the help and for an education in flashlights for a newbie. I now have some lights based on what my uses may be. I am not a collector but rather a user and so far I have a nice selection depending on what I am doing at the time. Here are my lights.

4755264049_0e041d5d6f_m.jpg

Left to right: Fenix LD01, Quark 123 regular, Romisen RC-N3 2, Preon 2, and Surefire C2 Centurion incandescent. If I had to choose and could live with only one of these lights everyday then it would be the Preon 2. Batteries are cheap and can get them anywhere and it has a nice flood like beam.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
One of the coolest things about your SF C2 is that five years from now, you'll be able to get a drop-in for it that will blow away all of those other lights combined. Heck, you can get a drop-in like that now, it's just that in five years, we'll have inexpensive mass-produced drop-ins that will do it. I wish I had known that when I was just starting out...

Edit: LOL, the guy with his own beer tap beat me to it. ;-)

Last edited:

lovenhim

Enlightened
I must be honest, I hear that Surefire lights are very nice, but because I am a value for the money guy I still do not see that value of a Surefire. What am I missing? I hear they are made very well and made in the USA which I like, but that Preon 2 will blow it away. Also bad news, today I was cleaning my lights, and turned on the Surefire and it stopped working. What happened, did it blow its P60 light bulb? If it did, now what?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I must be honest, I hear that Surefire lights are very nice, but because I am a value for the money guy I still do not see that value of a Surefire. What am I missing? I hear they are made very well and made in the USA which I like, but that Preon 2 will blow it away.

Very bad ju-ju to ask that question as that topic has gotten beaten to death in many many threads here on CPF, a large number which have gotten closed due to :dedhorse:. I would highly suggest doing a search on that topic instead of bringing it up again here.

It is no coincidence that the first two replies to your original post (weklund and myself) complimented your Surefire C2 and didn't even mention the other lights by name at all (not that there is necessarily anything wrong with the rest of them).

today I was cleaning my lights, and turned on the Surefire and it stopped working. What happened, did it blow its P60 light bulb? If it did, now what?
You already have a thread running on that exact query in the /Incandescent/ subforum and should not cross-post that here. You will undoubtedly get a number of suggestions in that thread. Another option would be to use the 'search' function for such topics that include the term 'troubleshooting'.

Last edited:

lovenhim

Enlightened
Yeah you are right, I do not mean to cause any issues. :) I did not think about searching for troubleshooting, great idea. Thanks for the help. :) I did not mean to double post.

weklund

Enlightened
I would check the batteries and contacts and if indeed your P60 has kissed the sky, you now find yourself in a most excellent position. There are many options other than your trusty stock Surefire P60 incandescent bulb. Choices in both the incandescent and LED world. Check out this link:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/217252

This should give you and idea of what possibilities await.

Good luck with your quest .... :)

Yeah you are right, I do not mean to cause any issues. :) I did not think about searching for troubleshooting, great idea. Thanks for the help. :) I did not mean to double post.

Last edited:

lovenhim

Enlightened
I took out the Surefire brand batteries and replaced them with some cheap $1 each CR123's (I only had two) and the lights works now. So you would think those Surefire batteries were dead, but they worked in my Romesin RCN3 just fine, strange. So the lamp is not blown and the switch and contacts are ok, that is a good thing. I want to make that Surefire C@ that "light that is there when you need it" and not my EDC.

Latest posts