Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

Hybrid View

Flashaholic

Default Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

I carry an Arc AAA almost 24 hours a day / 7 days a week in my pants pocket.

The only times I do not have the Arc on my person is when I am in the shower (it's on the bathroom counter), when I am asleep in bed (it's under my pillow), and when I am at the gym (it's in my locker -- the shorts I use don't have pockets).

Does anyone else carry a flashlight this compulsively? Er, I mean with this much preparation in case of an emerency? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Default Re: Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

I always carry my Arc AAA in my pants pocket and I'm NEVER far from my pants.

Flashaholic*

SFR,
    I think most CPFers do & some carry more than 1. I EDC 5,
    2 ARC AAA LEs, 1 Photon 2, 1 ARC LSH-P, 1 Surefire A2. If you don't have pockets you might want to consider a lanyard.
    Some people might think this is strange, but not here on
    CPF. That's one of the nice things here on CPF this is
    considered normal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Arc LS2 (123 pack or 2AA pack)is usually belt EDC, CMG Infinity on keyring and Opalec in shoulder bag when I'm out of house. Micro-Illuminator in right side cargo pants pocket.

Flashaholic*

Yes, E2e/KL1 24/7

Flashaholic

I carry the ARC-AAA 24/7. Ok, actually only 23.75 because the ONLY time I don't wear it is in the shower. It hangs on a 1/16" nylon paracord neck lanyard inside my shirt. It has shrink tubing on it to protect the aluminum SAK classic that also rides there 23.75/7.
    The only other item I wear 24/7 is my watch, a Pulsar Diver.

The reason I wear these items all the time is that it's almost impossible to misplace them this way, and these are my most used/useful gadgets, so I never want to be without them.

I also EDC an ARC-LS and a bunch of other gear everyday when I leave the house.

Flashaholic*

i always keep a spotlight in my car.. the pt40 hanging by it's lanyard from my back pack, or hammer catch if i have carpenter pants on.. and i usually grab my legend lx and my brinkmann 4 led light b4 i go out at night..

Enlightened

I always(must) carry one or two flashlight in my bag when I go outside. But not often to use it because in H.K., there is always bright enough when you walking outside at night.
    Some of my friend feel strange and laugh on me when they know I always carry a flashlight with me. But I just tell
    them you never know when will you need to use it.

Here is my EDC list(at that moment):
    Monday to Friday -> UK-2L or PT rage.
    Saturday and Sunday -> SL TT-2L or SL Scorpion.

I will change the EDC list depend on my mood. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Enlightened

Yup, an L4 in my pocket and an A2 in my pack plus the spare to go with them. Ya never know when you might need 'em
    Plus an Emerson or two.

Flashaholic*

I always carry the Arc-AAA-wonderful little gem, but I consider it to be the world's best Personal light.

The only real flashlight I always carry is the very bright little UKE 2-AAA xenon keyring light. (side-by-side)

It's just as good as any regular 2-D ordinary flashlight anytime, for a total cost of $10. US [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Yup, ARC AAA LE in jeans watch pocket daytime. Nighttime, E2e/KL1 and usually another E2e or Legend LX in back pocket, along with ARC LSH in front pocket. Next to bed, a couple of various LED lights ranging from dim to bright. Pretty sick isn't it? Actually they have been quite useful on several occassions.
    Rob

Flashaholic

Hey Doug, I read your reply and then I had go see what a UKE 2-AAA xenon looked like. I liked it, so I just ordered one about 10 minutes ago from BrightGuy. I can never make myself buy just one item. So I wound up buying a Pelican light also and spending an extra forty bucks. Reading this forum is going to send me to the poor house. At least Iíll have a light to see by on the way there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    LightofMine said:
     Hey Doug, I read your reply and then I had go see what a UKE 2-AAA xenon looked like. I liked it, so I just ordered one about 10 minutes ago from BrightGuy. I can never make myself buy just one item. So I wound up buying a Pelican light also and spending an extra forty bucks. Reading this forum is going to send me to the poor house. At least Iíll have a light to see by on the way there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    If I'd thought that somebody would buy one of those because of suggestion, I would have recommended getting the white LED version of that UKE, and also ordering the xenon bulb refill head ($6. extra), which fit the same light, -thereby giving you two good lights for only $16.

tough, reliable little flashlight.

I always have some kind of light.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thank goodness "baggy pants" with big pockets are the "in" thing these days. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I keep an Arc "AAA" on me always (clipped to belt loop or 2003 CPF edition on lanyard). I have been caught in the past (in my pre-flashaholic days) without any light when I really needed it and swore never again. Even before I found CPF and became enlightened, I found myself carrying a flashlight of one type or another around most of the time. Since CPF, I own more quality lights and carry more of them around with me. Some people think its ok and others think I am nuts, oh well...

Flashaholic

Yes I do, except in the shower.
    Photon on my keyring, Arc LSH-P and some other stuff in a little leather pouch in my watch pocket. And, when I fly, Arc single triple A on a lanyard around my neck. Yesterday, I ordered an E1e-KL4. No idea yet where I'm going to put that!
    I'd like to ask a question. There's got to be some of you who also carry a pistol. (CCW) Where? I'll go first. ~In the summer, mine's on my ankle. In the winter, it's on my hip. (I realize that some of you might strongly disagree with CCW. That's OK with me. However, my best friend & room-mate made it through the war---only to have a drunk slit his throat with a hunting knife right in front of his new wife. [The drunk, perpetually angry man, forced my friend's smaller car off the road and attacked.] They had been married less than a year, and it happened on their first vacation. The world is a dangerous place.)

Will

For now my EDC consists of an Arc-LSL, Arc-LSH both with 2AA Tsp, and a $4 Garrity rubber tuff lite with a Teal EverLed in it, even though it's a pain in the ass to shove that rubber covered thing into or out of a pocket. (It is quite bright) Sometimes I carry more all in the hope that the need for a light will crop up and I'll actually be able to use some of my lights [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img].
    My poor arcAAA and infinity ultra just lay on my desk since I got my LSs'.

Lately I've gone back to my good old E1e. It is well worn from banging around in my pockets and it's not so fancy or as bright as some but it is one of my all time favorites. Something about that size just gets me and the gadget factor is superb.

On my keys is an Arc AAA although for some reason it rarely gets used. I guess I just don't think to grab it when there is always another more powerful light in my pocket.

So yes, I always have a flashlight on me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Always have my ARC LS on the key chain. Usually have a Surefire E series on my person also.
    oldgrandpajack

An Arc standard on one of TSG's lanyards is always on my neck (some of my freinds think it's pretty cool, others think I'm odd..)

I thought the purpose of this thread was to see if people carry a light even during the day, but I recall there being a thread about that a short while ago...

Anyhow, if I'm clothed I have the following on me:

- Inova X5T
    - Inova microlight on key
    - Glock 27 or 30
    - Strider Tactical GB

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Drjones said:
    I thought the purpose of this thread was to see if people carry a light even during the day, but I recall there being a thread about that a short while ago...

[/ QUOTE ]
    BIGGEST EDC

Brightnorm

Flashaholic*

Brightnorm, topics like this pop up periodically. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Gosh, I just got a arc aaa LE off the BST forum. I will try it out in the shower now.!

Heres my set-up 24/7 in the field.

Arc AAA LE around my neck with my tags
    SL TT 1L clipped on my vest
    SL Scorpion in a pocket
    Inova Microlight in white and green clipped on my gear
    My M16 and magazines and whichever gear I need to have for the mission.

Flashaholic

Default Sleep with my ARC AAA

I often sleep with my ARC AAA. I clip it to my shorts or pajama bottom just to the left of my right hip bone. There's a natural depression there (on MY body. I'm skinny so it might not work for you) and I don't feel a thing when rolling over in bed. I tried a neck lanyard but found it uncomfortable as I rolled onto the light.

Rest of the day, I usually have my ARC clipped to a pants pocket. Even during the day one could be trapped indoors. Many places in large buildings are pitch black when the lights go out during the day. Subways too.

I EDC my ARC LS for work but can't imagine using it 24/7. Just too big.

My Photon II is on my key chain, so I usually have three lights on me during working hours.

Default Re: Sleep with my ARC AAA

I usually have a flashlight near my bed but I don't wear one while sleeping. I don't carry one in the shower. I do generally wear my watch 24/7 mainly because I'd otherwise probably forget to put it on if I took it off. I'd like to have a watch with a built-in LED flashlight. A few of those exist but I don't like the ones I've seen so far. Someday someone will make a nice one.

Banned

What we need, Paul, is a well designed and built coin-cell light that attaches to the watchband, or between the watchband and watch ... Waterproof, of course. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A coin cell light that attaches to a watchband sounds like a nice idea. It could use a CR1216 and a red or yellow LED. There are little compasses that attach to watchbands and the LED light could be about the same size. So who will make it?

Whenever I am out and about I always have my Arc AAA with me, attached to my keychain. It has come in handy on multiple occasions when little fruitcakes think it is funny to turn off the lights to public restrooms. At night I have my 2d (1w, 30mm optic) and 6D (5w .5 Ohm Resistor, reflector) Mag mods nearby in case I need some light without turning on the overhead incandescant (or need to crack someone over the head with a 3 pound aluminum light).

Default Re: Sleep with my ARC AAA

[ QUOTE ]
    rodmeister said:
    I often sleep with my ARC AAA. I clip it to my shorts or pajama bottom just to the left of my right hip bone. There's a natural depression there (on MY body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like you better keep that triple A firmly attach to your Jammies. If it gets loose no telling where it might wind up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]