ArmyTek
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

I've always carried PT products with me. Great quality,performance, cheap, and reliability. I usually bring with me an Attitude, Blast, Rage, Eclipse, Pulsar and Impact II. When I can, I bring an headlight with me(Scout or Aurora). I know an headlight would seem strange but hey! We're flashaholics! With my EDC setup, I get over 250 hours of light since I also bring some spare batteries in a converted multitool knife belt pouch.

PaulR:

I just keep my older lights (Opalec, PT Attitude, CMG Ultra, etc) in my satchel. The CMG Ultra makes a great lender light. I've got two or three in there. I don't care if they get dented or lost.

The blackout has made me reconsider some stuff. My light battery leans way too much towards throw and brightness. I only have four spare AA's, but twelve spare 123s. I'm gonna carry more AA's, and freshen up the cells in my CMG Infinity. I have carried that one forever, but I definately see justification for the 2 day runtime now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Heh...I hate carrying anything on me when I'm not working. When I'm working, I have a Streamlight Stinger XT on the duty belt (though I just rotated that out for a SF 9P for evaluation purposes) and either an Ultrastinger or Tigerlight depending on mood. I have a spare SL-20X in my war bag.

If I do grab something off duty, it's small, usually an Executive series light, or an L4. I do like my TL-2, but haven't carried it much...

--dan

Flashaholic*

Looks like many of us are taking a hard look at our EDC setup, at least as far as lights are concerned. I always EDC my Ultra. When the LS4 comes out and I have one or two, I will be EDCing one of them.

Flashaholic

Default Sleep with my ARC AAA

I often sleep with my ARC AAA. I clip it to my shorts or pajama bottom just to the left of my right hip bone. There's a natural depression there (on MY body. I'm skinny so it might not work for you) and I don't feel a thing when rolling over in bed. I tried a neck lanyard but found it uncomfortable as I rolled onto the light.

Rest of the day, I usually have my ARC clipped to a pants pocket. Even during the day one could be trapped indoors. Many places in large buildings are pitch black when the lights go out during the day. Subways too.

I EDC my ARC LS for work but can't imagine using it 24/7. Just too big.

My Photon II is on my key chain, so I usually have three lights on me during working hours.

Default Re: Sleep with my ARC AAA

I usually have a flashlight near my bed but I don't wear one while sleeping. I don't carry one in the shower. I do generally wear my watch 24/7 mainly because I'd otherwise probably forget to put it on if I took it off. I'd like to have a watch with a built-in LED flashlight. A few of those exist but I don't like the ones I've seen so far. Someday someone will make a nice one.

Banned

What we need, Paul, is a well designed and built coin-cell light that attaches to the watchband, or between the watchband and watch ... Waterproof, of course. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A coin cell light that attaches to a watchband sounds like a nice idea. It could use a CR1216 and a red or yellow LED. There are little compasses that attach to watchbands and the LED light could be about the same size. So who will make it?

Default Re: Sleep with my ARC AAA

[ QUOTE ]
    rodmeister said:
    I often sleep with my ARC AAA. I clip it to my shorts or pajama bottom just to the left of my right hip bone. There's a natural depression there (on MY body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like you better keep that triple A firmly attach to your Jammies. If it gets loose no telling where it might wind up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Whenever I am out and about I always have my Arc AAA with me, attached to my keychain. It has come in handy on multiple occasions when little fruitcakes think it is funny to turn off the lights to public restrooms. At night I have my 2d (1w, 30mm optic) and 6D (5w .5 Ohm Resistor, reflector) Mag mods nearby in case I need some light without turning on the overhead incandescant (or need to crack someone over the head with a 3 pound aluminum light).

Flashaholic

I carry an A2 and either a G2Z or M2 (as backup or battery source) as part of my "first-line" gear.

During the blackout here in New York, I was very very happy that I did.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

My Fenix E05 is always with me. I just ordered a Fenix LD15 which will replace my the E05 as my everyday carry around flashlight. It's funny, all my friends think I'm weird for having a flashlight with me at all times. Glad to see I'm not alone

Edit: I didn't realize the last post was in 2003! Sorry about that...
    Last edited by atbglenn; 03-24-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Fenix TK35, TK50, LD20R4, LD15, E05R2, HL20 Headlamp ** ZebraLight SC52, H501 and H600F Headlamps ** Trustfire TR-3T6 ** Ultrafire UF-T70 ** Nitecore EA4 ** Xeno E03 V3 XM-L ** DRY w/ 5 amp driver ** Solarforce L2, L2T, L2P, L2M hosts w/ Ultrafire XM-L Drop-Ins

For the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    I carry an Arc AAA almost 24 hours a day / 7 days a week in my pants pocket.

The only times I do not have the Arc on my person is when I am in the shower (it's on the bathroom counter), when I am asleep in bed (it's under my pillow), and when I am at the gym (it's in my locker -- the shorts I use don't have pockets).

Does anyone else carry a flashlight this compulsively? Er, I mean with this much preparation in case of an emerency? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks.
    Pretty much the same thing here. Outside of showering and the gym (same reason you described), I always have a light with me 24/7 (usually my HDS EDC High CRI or one of my SureFires).

I don't know if I can say Yes or No.....
    During my work-day, Yes, I carry. At night I do not have a light under my pillow but they are placed within a reasonable reach through out my house....
    I also have a number of lights in my car/truck

Lateck,

I started to EDC a light 24/7 when my wife and I have had a baby girl six months ago. Now I have the need to sneak around like a ninja everytime my baby sleeps.

Before, I needed a light 24/7 only during winter, when it is dark when I leave for work early in the morning and it's dark when I go home at 6-7pm.

By the way, now I have an "official" EDC that's a SF Kroma, but I always carry a Led Lenser K3 with my car keys. So I DO carry a light 24/7 even if I dont use my Kroma.

Now I keep my EDC in the pocket all the day, at work and off. Then I put it over my nightstand for bathroom trips during night time.

Yes! I have a recently acquired Z/L SC60W. that is so beautiful, I don't even want to let it out of my sight - not only is it a spectacular performer it is a perfect size for EDC. I'm an instant Zebralight fan, so much so, that, if I lived state-side, I would make this 'light a pass-around; but only after I had acquired another SC60W. It has that 'Feels just right in the hand' characteristic that is pretty hard to resist. I wholeheartedly recomend this fine
    flashlight and look forward to more offerings from this great company...a high CRI. perhaps! Now, would'nt that be special, especially in this SC60 package.

Enlightened

For years I always had my LensLenser V(sq) with me. It was only 60 lumens but it served me well and was put tru hell also. I now edc a surefire C2 with a Malkoff M61W. I also edc when working a 4sevens quark AA2 with prism/diffuser.
    I have a G5, TK35, and Predator also that get regular use outside as well.

For over 5 years now... Always at least one and backup cell. Usually two. It used to be my Arc-AAA, now it's my ITP A3 EOS titanium. 75% of the time I have my Thrunite Neutron 1C on me.

I carry a light 24/7 for over three years now. I started with my E01 on my keychain. Nowadays I always carry a small extra light in my pocket (E05 or iTP A3) and most of the time I carry at least one of my EDC lights (SC51w, PD30, Olight T10 or likewise).
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

I don't wear clothes 24/7 so I don't know where to clip my edc!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Enlightened

The only time I don't have my light is when I go to bed.

I carry a 1 AAA light (and a spare Low Self-Discharge AAA NiMH) in my pocket almost always. Exceptions are being in sports cloths and the shower. While I do not take a flashlight to my bed under my pillow I have at least one flashlight or headlight next to it.

Currently I carry an iTP A3 EOS (Upgraded). I like it having several (3) levels, a somewhat low one (somewhat lower would even be better) and a quite high one for such a small light. Its twist switch unfortunately does not have a well defined switching position, and in general I prefer click switches, but the advantage of a twist switch over some click switches is that it is usually not switched on in the pocket unintentionally which would drain the battery.

I'm awake when it's dark more often than not, so i've always got my flashlight with me...

also this forum is awesome, and i know that because an almost 8 year old thread got revived and nobody made a big deal about it.

I have either ITP A3 or ArcAAA on my neck all time. Leave flashlights in many parts in the hose for emergency.
    Fenix L2D-CE, Inova X1, Surefire G2L, Arc-P AAA, Nitecore D10, Zebralight H50B-Q5, Olight M20 Premium, Surefire Z2, Fenix MC10, Fenix HL20, Fenix LD40, LED Lenser M14, ITP A3, Fenix LD01, SolarForce L2

Have a wee on my keychain that i use a lot, always have one or more of three lights on me depending on what I'm wearing. pd20 fits no matter what I wear, if I have enough pocket i take one of my three various 6p with me too. I guess I also always have at least one or two in my car too lol. I think I may have a problem. :P
    Sig got too long... I may have a problem.

g

4Sevens Mini CR2 Ti around my neck except in the shower (when it's on the hook)... even in bed.

After that, I started counting how many lights I EDC... and then I decided to stop counting.

I'd probably be willing to consider a 12 step program, if each step included a free light.

ATB,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneinsomniac View Post
    ... also this forum is awesome, and i know that because an almost 8 year old thread got revived and nobody made a big deal about it.
    Yeah, I found it quite cool that nobody batted an eyelid and we just carried on as if the OP posted the thread yesterday, lol! Anyway, the topic is as relevant today as it was 11 years ago (I'm also thinking that it's quite likely that some of these guys never bother looking at the first post in a thread and start replying after checking out the last few posts )

Anyway, the only time I don't have a light on me is when I am in the shower. But there will be one in my trouser pocket and one on the bathroom counter for easy reach should the power go out
    Last edited by Machete God; 03-28-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Flashaholic*

I EDC up to 5 flashlights.

E01 on a necklace
    Quark AA titanium in my left pocket
    Tank E07 on my keychain
    Tank 007 in my backpack (it's a good small throw-away light)
    Solarforce L2 with Dereelight Neutral XR-E dropin (driven @ 1.2A), running 2x18650 (estimated 5-7 hours runtime)

Just gotta get one of Cottonpicker's solar panels from the MP, a dual 18650 and a single AA/AAA holder for my backpack, and I'd be set!

Carrying a light beats carring eyeglasses any day.