Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

SFR

Newly Enlightened
I carry an Arc AAA almost 24 hours a day / 7 days a week in my pants pocket.

The only times I do not have the Arc on my person is when I am in the shower (it's on the bathroom counter), when I am asleep in bed (it's under my pillow), and when I am at the gym (it's in my locker -- the shorts I use don't have pockets).

Does anyone else carry a flashlight this compulsively? Er, I mean with this much preparation in case of an emerency? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
SFR,
I think most CPFers do & some carry more than 1. I EDC 5,
2 ARC AAA LEs, 1 Photon 2, 1 ARC LSH-P, 1 Surefire A2. If you don't have pockets you might want to consider a lanyard.
Some people might think this is strange, but not here on
CPF. That's one of the nice things here on CPF this is
considered normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Reaper

Enlightened
Arc LS2 (123 pack or 2AA pack)is usually belt EDC, CMG Infinity on keyring and Opalec in shoulder bag when I'm out of house. Micro-Illuminator in right side cargo pants pocket.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry the Arc-AAA-wonderful little gem, but I consider it to be the world's best Personal light.

The only real flashlight I always carry is the very bright little UKE 2-AAA xenon keyring light. (side-by-side)

It's just as good as any regular 2-D ordinary flashlight anytime, for a total cost of $10. US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

robk

Enlightened
Yup, ARC AAA LE in jeans watch pocket daytime. Nighttime, E2e/KL1 and usually another E2e or Legend LX in back pocket, along with ARC LSH in front pocket. Next to bed, a couple of various LED lights ranging from dim to bright. Pretty sick isn't it? Actually they have been quite useful on several occassions.
Rob

gyverpete

Enlightened
I carry the ARC-AAA 24/7. Ok, actually only 23.75 because the ONLY time I don't wear it is in the shower. It hangs on a 1/16" nylon paracord neck lanyard inside my shirt. It has shrink tubing on it to protect the aluminum SAK classic that also rides there 23.75/7.
The only other item I wear 24/7 is my watch, a Pulsar Diver.

The reason I wear these items all the time is that it's almost impossible to misplace them this way, and these are my most used/useful gadgets, so I never want to be without them.

I also EDC an ARC-LS and a bunch of other gear everyday when I leave the house.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
For now my EDC consists of an Arc-LSL, Arc-LSH both with 2AA Tsp, and a $4 Garrity rubber tuff lite with a Teal EverLed in it, even though it's a pain in the *** to shove that rubber covered thing into or out of a pocket. (It is quite bright) Sometimes I carry more all in the hope that the need for a light will crop up and I'll actually be able to use some of my lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif.
My poor arcAAA and infinity ultra just lay on my desk since I got my LSs'.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i always keep a spotlight in my car.. the pt40 hanging by it's lanyard from my back pack, or hammer catch if i have carpenter pants on.. and i usually grab my legend lx and my brinkmann 4 led light b4 i go out at night..

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Lately I've gone back to my good old E1e. It is well worn from banging around in my pockets and it's not so fancy or as bright as some but it is one of my all time favorites. Something about that size just gets me and the gadget factor is superb.

On my keys is an Arc AAA although for some reason it rarely gets used. I guess I just don't think to grab it when there is always another more powerful light in my pocket.

So yes, I always have a flashlight on me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Always have my ARC LS on the key chain. Usually have a Surefire E series on my person also.
oldgrandpajack

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
 Hey Doug, I read your reply and then I had go see what a UKE 2-AAA xenon looked like. I liked it, so I just ordered one about 10 minutes ago from BrightGuy. I can never make myself buy just one item. So I wound up buying a Pelican light also and spending an extra forty bucks. Reading this forum is going to send me to the poor house. At least I'll have a light to see by on the way there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LightofMine said:
 Hey Doug, I read your reply and then I had go see what a UKE 2-AAA xenon looked like. I liked it, so I just ordered one about 10 minutes ago from BrightGuy. I can never make myself buy just one item. So I wound up buying a Pelican light also and spending an extra forty bucks. Reading this forum is going to send me to the poor house. At least I'll have a light to see by on the way there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'd thought that somebody would buy one of those because of suggestion, I would have recommended getting the white LED version of that UKE, and also ordering the xenon bulb refill head ($6. extra), which fit the same light, -thereby giving you two good lights for only $16.

tough, reliable little flashlight.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have some kind of light.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank goodness "baggy pants" with big pockets are the "in" thing these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I keep an Arc "AAA" on me always (clipped to belt loop or 2003 CPF edition on lanyard). I have been caught in the past (in my pre-flashaholic days) without any light when I really needed it and swore never again. Even before I found CPF and became enlightened, I found myself carrying a flashlight of one type or another around most of the time. Since CPF, I own more quality lights and carry more of them around with me. Some people think its ok and others think I am nuts, oh well...

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Yes I do, except in the shower.
Photon on my keyring, Arc LSH-P and some other stuff in a little leather pouch in my watch pocket. And, when I fly, Arc single triple A on a lanyard around my neck. Yesterday, I ordered an E1e-KL4. No idea yet where I'm going to put that!
I'd like to ask a question. There's got to be some of you who also carry a pistol. (CCW) Where? I'll go first. ~In the summer, mine's on my ankle. In the winter, it's on my hip. (I realize that some of you might strongly disagree with CCW. That's OK with me. However, my best friend & room-mate made it through the war---only to have a drunk slit his throat with a hunting knife right in front of his new wife. [The drunk, perpetually angry man, forced my friend's smaller car off the road and attacked.] They had been married less than a year, and it happened on their first vacation. The world is a dangerous place.)

Will

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Not quite 24/7. When I'm around the house there are lights EVERYWHERE. No need to have one "on me".

When I go out, two or more lights go with me. ARC AAA in my jeans watch pocket along with red SAK Classic. Either (at this time) Madmax Mini or Opalec Mini in beat up original M*g belt holster - VERY comfortable!, or SL 1L Twin Task in a pouch that a Schrade Old Timer 470T came in. Fits comfortably behind my right hip. The TT is an amzing little light! Like having an Attitude and a generic 2D light in one!

I hear you Kentucky. I took the course and was going to get my CCL almost two years ago. But my style of dress gives me almost no carry option. Either a mouse gun in a pocket, or a slightly more powerful weapon on my ankle would be only options. I sweat furiously too.

I am all for CCW!!! An armed society is a polite society.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALWAYS have an ARC-LS with attached green Glowring with me. The Glowring is so bright, I can use the it as a nightlight when my eyes get accustomed to the darkness! Great combo.