Gear to help you conquer!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

Default Re: Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I never have less than 3 lights on me, ever.
    +1.

Bill

I don't have a flashlight or other gear on me while I'm showering or sleeping, although they're always nearby, so it's pretty close to 24/7. I used to take off my EDC gear while at home, but now I carry a few items, including a flashlight, just to save the trouble of having to fetch them.

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt6263 View Post
    Gaaslamp: thats pretty funny but the truth of the matter is i truly believe being alert to what and whos around you and the very simple items you choose to carry with you can prevent you from becoming that victim!
    That's the same reason I haul useful emergency items around with me, too, including weapons, but bad things could still happen--being prepared and alert helps one's chances a lot, but it doesn't make one invulnerable. I could still wind up on my back for any number of reasons, up to and including getting blindsided by a meteorite. I was just wondering what an EMT would think or assume, and sort of poking fun at the biases that many people have against armed (legally) individuals, but come to think of it, there is probably very little that EMTs haven't seen in their line of work.

Unenlightened

No, but I do sleep with several.

One night I was at home and the power unexpectedly went out. I was left in the dark having to navigate my way back to the other room to fetch my lights. At that point it seemed reasonable to have some small light on me at all times at least at night.
    So now I carry a fenix E05 around my neck on an old surefire lanyard.

I always have a light with me where ever i go,i also take a fresh spare battery in my car so if i'm going to be a distance from my car,i'll take the battery with me
    as well as the light.I alternate my lights every couple of days i swap one of my EDC lights for another.I only do this because i see no reason in buying a light &
    keeping it as a shelf queen.This way all of my EDC lights are user's & i can pick which one i think is the best for the situation i'm in.

Always have at least 3 on me. 2 on the keyrings (1xCR123 + 1x AAA) , one as the EDC (3xAAA), another one (1x18650) in the coat pocket, oh another big one (2x18650) if I carry a big bag that day I never sleep without a flashlight in arm distance.

At least 1 when at home. 3 when I'm out of the house. When my PC10 arrives, it will be the one that's with me at all times. Small enough to carry easily, strong enough to guide me to my supply-bag, which has my other lights.

Flashaholic

One is usually within reach.

I know I don't use the top of the line flashlights, as I am on a limited income. Anyways I carry an EDC bag and in there are three flashlights:
    Mini Maglite incandescent Desert Storm camo.
    Pelican MityLite 1960 LED.
    Mini Maglite 2AA, 2nd Generation.

I take my edc bag pretty much everywhere. Also on my key ring, I carry an Energizer LED keychain led light, with the glow switch (it came with my Weatheready lantern).

One of the flashlights I use around my house is a Bright Star 2224, as there is a Natural Gas pipeline running underneath my house.
    "When egrets take flight, foul weather in sight."

Not to get into 'too much information' but my work is more with materials than with people, and in the winter time particularly I don't find it necessary to change pants every day. The trick is to pull all the layers down together, fireman style, and swap out the underwear and socks, underwear and socks is the thing.
    So as far as 24/7 goes, it's very easy to just drop the britches with the edc right next to the shoes.
    Again, swap out the underwear and socks religiously or this system will go downhill fast.
    Takes about 15 seconds to be out of bed with pants, shoes and edc. shirt and outer layers a few more.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

I pretty much carry one 24/7. Only time Im not carrying the light is when I am in the shower, the light is on the sink next to the shower. When I do lay down in bed, I stage my jeans (put everything in all my pockets so I can throw them on), which comes in handy because Im a vol FireFighter and sometimes we get those 3am calls where I need to get up and go. My newly acquired Quark AA2 regular is right next to my Kershaw knife.

On most days I will have a preon 2 on my person. A great little light and very bright for the size and weight.

Flashaholic*

Essentually yes.Away from home I carry at least an EDC and my keychain Photons.I don't feel the need to always have a light on my person when at home as there is always one within easy reach.

I always have my xeno e03 @14500 in my pocket

Inviato dal mio LT18i usando Tapatalk
    here are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Yes I usually carry 24/7, daylight hrs my SL Microstream & Fenix E15. Add 1 more for night and early am trips, Derrelight or TN11 usually. I always keep an old SF G2 in my truck, It has not been out of there in yrs other than to use.

Right now I carry an HDS Rotary all teh time, either in my pants pocket or sweatshirt pocket. Since it does not have a clip I switch it out for my E1B occasionally. At night I have my Rotary on the night stand.

I carry an Led keychain light. In this state it's legal to keep with you at all times

Enlightened

the only light i carry is the surefire e2d led defender. thats all i have, and its too expensive to carry it 24.7 cuz i get trigger happy and end up wasting money buying cr123s for it. i been leaning toward the mini maglite led. but i dont know just how bright it is, i like the bright white led, not the real blue looking ones. anybody got some advice or recommendations???

Yes. It's when I don't have one that I end up needing one.

Tacticaltony,

A LOT can be had with 1AA these days, and even more with 2AA. The Mag is ok. But like all Mags focus is wonky.

I don't know what the current designation is for Fenix. I have a 2AA body with a P2D LED head. It is just as bright as my 1x123 P2D but certainly not as portable. Three modes and low is not super low but will run a long time.

You could do the same thing with a Quark. And get a VERY low low and a VERY bright High! But my 3 or 4 year old Fenix ain't no slouch!
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

I do. My phone has a light and I use it a lot. But i do try to keep a pocket light with me most of the time.

Added SureFire E1B 80Lum silver edition to my Fenix E01 just 3 month ago, never without them both!

Flashaholic*

Not 24/7,but as long as I have pants with pockets on..I've got my Preon 2 Ti on me.

On me all day is my new Maglite XL50, I use that thing for everything. If I'm downstairs in my man cave, I have a LED MiniMag and usually my XL50. In my car I have a 4D LED Maglite for emergencies. on my nightstand, next to my .45ACP 1911 is a LED Dorcy light I got from SEARS a few years ago. And on top of the dresser across the bedroom is my Stanley HID spotlight. So yes, I carry a light on me 24/7, or if one isn't in me there is oone nearby to grab. NEVER EVER without a light of some kind.

Flashaholic*

Are you kidding, in a post 911 World? This week I'm carrying a SolarForce L2P/w 2 AW 18650 cells + a Stryker Incan unit in my ALICE pack.
    chiphead

I dont, I dont carry A flashlight, I carry 4...

SFMI4UT
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Whenever I leave the house, there is a Streamlight Stylus Pro with a Fenix LD01 head clipped in my left front pocket.

Its been riding there for around 2 years now

Yes, 24/7.

My work clothes EDC: SF C2 bored for 18650 with Malkoff P60 in belt pouch, Malkoff MD2 with P61 in belt pouch, SF E2e with Milky KL1 SSC-P4 head (Acorn driver, Bailey firmware) in uniform pocket, Maratac 1AAA XP-G in uniform pocket, and alternate between Malkoff XM-L Hound Dog and Malkoff Wildcat, depending on whichever I feel like carrying for my main light.

My casual clothes EDC: HDS Rotary in AOTH Sharkskin belt pouch, SF Backup (stock) clipped on pants pocket, two spare 123's in orange match holder.

My personal keys (that I have on me 24/7) always have on them: Lighthound keychain light, McGizmo Sapphire.

Two is one and one is none. If it is worth carrying, it is worth carrying a spare.
    "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Yes. If I'm dressed, I have an Arc AAA on my keys and a SF E1L on my belt. If I'm out, I usually have a G2Z w/a M61WL in my jacket and a G2 w/a M61LL in my pack.

At home, I have lights by the front door, back door, and bed.

-Trevor
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Yes. I always carry one while out of the house and when at home I usually have something clipped to my shorts like a Inova CB-W or a Princeton Tec Pulsar.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast