Klarus

Thread: TL to the rescue

Super Moderator

Default TL to the rescue

Last night I went to Lowe's and bought some stuff. I tied it down in the bed of the truck and then left my Microtech Mini UDT on the side rail of the truck. I drove home and discovered it missing when I wasn't able to cut the twine I used to tie down the stuff. I ran in the house, grabbed two Tigerlights and sped back toward Lowe's knowing I was probably too late.

Upon arriving at Lowe's I immediately noticed the parking lot was lit up like daytime. Couple that with the fact I had pulled up to the loading area by the door when I used my knife and all hope was gone. I didn't need my torches as I retraced my route through the parking lot, no knife. I next drove through the parking lot of an empty store that is bigger than Lowe's lot and it had no lights and several large potholes willed with water. I had both Tigerlights blazing in front and to the sides. 50 yards short of the main road I spotted, pun intended, a flat black, small, open knife lying on the asphalt. It has a few dings but it's an EDC, so what. I have my knife back despite my stupidity.

A huge stroke of good fortune and another example of the reason we own some of the most powerful torches made.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: TL to the rescue

Phew!! Glad you found it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I lost a mini UDT (one of the originals) years ago. I have come to the conclusion that any knife I own that doesnt have a clip has a better than 50% chance of getting lost. I haven't lost a clip knife in the field in 10 years. Instead of buying another UDT I bought a White Wolf Pocket Pro because it had a clip.

The only thing more satisfying that buying a new knife is finding one that you thought you lost. Dang Dave, you got me thinking about getting one of those UDT's again.

I knocked my all-metal SAK on the floor last night, and for the life of me I couldn't find it, no matter what kind of flashlight I used to look for it with. But a few hours ago, I found it - right under my office chair of all places - and I saw it there without any flashlights at all. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now, I just need to find that nice folder that S.V. sent me awhile back...I knocked that one on the floor a month back and have not found it yet. :toliet:

This is why I now put Alien Skin on EVERYTHING. Put clear tape over it and it will stay a long time. I can't tell you how many times this has paid off.

I just *now* found my good knife. I thought I looked there before, but I guess not. And I used my Arc LSH-P to find it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I guess I'd better put some Alien Skin on the handle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Super Moderator

Now yall have done it. New term for me, "Alien skin". I'm going to find out what it is, sounds like a must have. ]

Edit: Getting old, now I remember reading about Alien skin.

bigcozy, The very small size and relatively expensive cost of the UDT as an EDC gave me concern. I started out carrying it on my Key-Chain with a Berkley mini-clip, didn't like that at all, the clip kept getting in the way. Now I use a very ugly 1/2 length kydex sheath that I made myself and keep it on my key-chain. It takes at least 5 pounds of pressure to get it out so I have no fear of it falling off. This is a great way to carry it unless you leave the keys in the ignition with the sheath attached and are working in the bed of your truck at Lowe's.