Barbolight U15 / R15 / T900

simto

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I was looking for a LED dive light similar to a Dereelight DBS on land. As the best option for me, I've found the Barbolight U15:

http://www.barbolight.com/en/products/diving/product.php?id=6

Looks awesome and the specs are very promising!

Now, I've some questions before buying such an expensive light:

* What is the difference between the U15 and the tactical (T900) or rescue (R15) versions of it? I've seen the switch differs, but else... the specs seem to be the same.

* Why should I take the U15 for diving and not a tactical one, as the T900 is also waterproof for 200m?

* Has anybody experience with the U15 switch, which is made of metal instead some kind of plastic/rubber on the T900? How is it to use?

* Is the SSC P7 more or less an up-to-date emitter or will there be soon a new, more powerful emitter?

* Are there any alternatives? Expect the single mode, the U15 is exactly what I am looking for.

That's really the only point that could be better... I miss a second and third output mode to save battery.

What do you think of that light?

Cheers, Simon.

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
Spend the money and get the U15 Barbolight. Amazingly put together kit that will last for many years after the chinese ones are history.
The switch is a twist type - screw the end for on, screw the other way for off. There is plenty of thread, so there is no chance of accidentally unscrewing the end and flooding the torch.
The P7 puts out more than enough light, in a tight beam that is very useable in poor vis.
I have three Barbolights, and these are taking a beating, and just keep on going.

simto

Newly Enlightened
Sounds fine! :) It makes a good impression on me.

The switch is a twist type - screw the end for on, screw the other way for off.

To be sure: It's a combination of forward clickie and twist type, right? Just by completely unscrew or screw-in you can turn it permanently off or on - additionally enabling / disabling the momentary on function is possible.

Thanks for all your answers! I look forward to order that light :)

simto

Newly Enlightened
By the way: When using this light not under water. Does it have a heat sink problem? I guess not... why should it. The heat sink fins will work in the air too. Can you confirm this?