Help modifying Pentagonlight X2 to LED

Mr_Psmith

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

My father has a Pentagonlight X2 which has subsequently had the xenon bulb burn out.

I would like to convert this to LED for him. Can someone recommend how I might go about doing this? Can I replace the bulb assembly only, keeping head + reflector? Will I need to replace the whole head? Or, is it completely impractical to do without the right voltage regulation circuitry?

[if impractical, please let me know what replacement Xenon bulb I could purchase for him, as Pentagonlight is of course out of business].

Thanks in advance from a flashlight novice.
Mr. Psmith

Mr_Psmith

Newly Enlightened
New guy needs help modifying Pentagonlight X2

Hi all. I posted this same question in the home mod forum (as my post#1) and have received zero responses and few reads. I am hopeful that perhaps this post will get a little more love in the incandescent forum here. If you think it is more appropriate for the LED forum, please let me know, although I do solicit advice on how to replace the xenon bulb ***'y with a surefire.
---
Hi all,

My father has a Pentagonlight X2 which has subsequently had the xenon bulb burn out.

I would like to convert this to LED for him. Can someone recommend how I might go about doing this? Can I replace the bulb assembly only, keeping head + reflector? Will I need to replace the whole head? Or, is it completely impractical to do without the right voltage regulation circuitry?

OR: if impractical, please let me know what replacement Xenon bulb I could purchase for him, as Pentagonlight is of course out of business. Is there a Surefire or other bulb assembly that would fit reasonably well?

Thanks in advance from a flashlight novice.
Mr. Psmith

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Mr_Psmith.

I'm not sure why you didn't get a response to your first try at this - maybe it is something no-one else has tried yet.

Rather than re-post the question in a different forum as you have done, it is preferable if you ask a moderator to move the thread for you, as duplicates are not permitted. I'm merging them both, and as you suggest we'll try your enquiry in the Incan section for a while, to see if someone bites.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
P60 and the subsequent LED conversion lamp assemblies will fit in the X2 head. They're a little loose so shim them with something conducive to heat removal and you'll be fine. All you need to do is remove the stock X2 lamp assembly and drop in your preferred conversion.

Also be aware that the battery compartment will bypass any physical polarity protection so either make sure the assembly is protected or stay well aware of the proper polarity while installing batteries.