• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wildlife of our own... (Here in Oz) *Not for Arachnaphobics

Moka

Enlightened
Don has an amazing knack at photographing some amazing creatures around his home... Following this, I thought I'd post my own photo I took, of a lovely creature in my backyard... :whistle:

Who can tell me what's special about this photo...?

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: I used my McGizmo EN Aleph McClicky Mule to shoot a toad, a spider and other insects at midnight some time ago. It´s floody beam was perfect for that.

Dez

Newly Enlightened
To contribute I post the centipede who bit me in the ear.
I never felt pain like that before!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/klCTU-tzJCO7fzGyaLGGHQ?feat=directlink
n539934364_127004_745.jpg

It happened when I was living in Thailand during the summer monsoon.
Would not recommend it!

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Moka,
Nice beam shot and cool target! :D

Dez,

Ouch!!! I keep my helmet for the Vespa in the helmet box so I think I am reasonably safe from such an unpleasant surprise; or at least I sure hope so!! One thing nice about wearing slippers is that there is no comfy cave for unwanted vagrants to hold up in. I have heard of folks getting centipede bites when putting on sneakers or boots. :green:

Moka

Enlightened
Moka,
Nice beam shot and cool target! :D

Dez,

Ouch!!! I keep my helmet for the Vespa in the helmet box so I think I am reasonably safe from such an unpleasant surprise; or at least I sure hope so!! One thing nice about wearing slippers is that there is no comfy cave for unwanted vagrants to hold up in. I have heard of folks getting centipede bites when putting on sneakers or boots. :green:

Thanks Don :D

We do the same here in Australia... Boots/shoes that get kept outside get bashed every morning... Last thing I want it to put my foot in on a redback... :faint: