• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Busses and McGizmos...

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
For all those HOGs out there who have ever participated in a Ganzaa...

I'm noticing a similarity with waiting for the wave notification and waiting for the "GO" from Jerry...

Isn't it just a BIT tempting to post a new Wave notification of the Makai by MgGizmo or McGizma...

You have to be in the club to understand...
:sssh:
:thumbsup:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I have spent my share of time trying to get my nose into the slop along with the big hogs, I've got to say that this kind of behavior would go down real poorly here. That "get all you can" kinda attitude, while done in good fun and with good will to the others, isn't really the same vibe as exists in these parts.

That said, I've had the same thoughts.

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
While I have spent my share of time trying to get my nose into the slop along with the big hogs, I've got to say that this kind of behavior would go down real poorly here. That "get all you can" kinda attitude, while done in good fun and with good will to the others, isn't really the same vibe as exists in these parts.

That said, I've had the same thoughts.

Well said. Pretty much apples and oranges. I find it fascinating how many folks who like McGizmos have Busses. It would seem their respective forums have decidedly different approaches, but the same rabid fans.

I bought a Sundrop from a dude- told him in a PM his screen name sounded familiar- turns out I'd bought a Busse from him last year. Small world!

carrot

Flashaholic
The way I see it is.. people who like nice things are drawn to other nice things...

I have one Busse, and it is an impressive piece, but it does not fit very well into my EDC rotation...

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I see it is.. people who like nice things are drawn to other nice things...

I have one Busse, and it is an impressive piece, but it does not fit very well into my EDC rotation...

I have no EDC Busse, I have a skele-warden that I love dearly and have thought about getting a pocket sheath for, btu still, not quite EDC for a suit and tie guy. I've got to admit though, when life gives me an excuse to strap on my user (and I mean USER!) FBM and hit the woods...man do I love that feeling. I have built shelters with it, cleared paths, chopped saplings, made wood into firewood, cut through thick ice to get at stream water, and I've dinged, dulled, and sharpened it, scuffed and scarred it, and it just keeps looking better to me.

Somehow, similarly hard-used McGizmos are still in pretty fantastic shape...then again, I don't tend to swing them at things.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Excellent post SL1. :thumbsup:

I have three Busses, a ASH-1, a FFBM, and a BWM.

The ASH and the FFBM are Mint, the BWM however has been used, and used, and used. :D

I have chopped a tree, cleared briars, cleared brush, cut fat wood, dug holes, and batoned through old fire wood. The thinner BWM is great for all around use.

I am still waiting for a good reason to bust out the FFBM, and mar that beautiful Sage finish. At .32" thick, and 16" OAL with a 10" blade the FFBM is a beast!!! :rock: