• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BB/MM Sandwiches & Brinkmann 2AA Nexstar?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question has come up a couple of times on the normal mod forum. Does anyone know if dat2zip's sandwiches can be dropped into a Nexstar 2AA like they can the Legend 2AA?

Jon

Entropy

Enlightened
I've been wondering the same myself... I'm half tempted to buy a Nexstar at Pep Boys tonight just to see if it's possible.

It definately fits in the Brinkmann Legend 2AA units. It does NOT work (at least not in any easy-to-install way) with the Garrity Ozark Trail 2AA lights sold at WallyWorld.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
No a sandwich will not fit there is no lip after you remove the bulb socket. it needs a custom heatsink made I think the dia. is 18 or 19 mm by 8mm thick with a recess in the bottom to accept the converter board (not a sandwich) I will make a few if there is enough demand for them.I have done several mods for some friends and have a few sinks left over.It is a very nice light body for mods Nice mass.
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDITED: PM Sent.

Chris,

Yeah - I'm definitely interested in a 2AA Nexstar mod. I don't suppose you've done any Nexstar 2C mods have you?

Jon