Surefire G2 color mismatching?

lightinsky

Enlightened
Hello all cpfers. I was wondering if anyone out there has any Olive drab G2 incans with mismatched color. I have recently gotten an G2 incan and the head and tailcap are lighter shade of green than the battery tube. Thanks in advance.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I guess what I was trying to convey is it is common with the colored G2's that they mismatch in color from the head, tube and tailcap? Not talking about black ones but yellow, tan, green, etc.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I was a little disappointed that Surefire couldn't tell quality control to not release a G2 to the sellers that are not color coordinated all the way through. Any you guys or gals have G2's that don't match all the way through. Are the tail caps, heads, and battery tubes colored seperately and not in one sequence?

sappyg

Enlightened
mine does'nt match but i don't mind so much.... i have issues with the spyderco unfortunately... more to do with the blade than color.

watch096.jpg

Last edited:

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any, but I have heard on this forum before that some of the olive drab ones are sometimes a little off. Someone said something about the Olive drab changes color over a period of time when they dye them so if all the parts do not go in at the same time some will look a little off. Again, no first hand experience here just passing along what i've heard. Good luck.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
also waiting to see who else has mismatched G2s.
I've seen quite a few photos of members G2s and they all seemed to match.

Retinator

Enlightened
I just got my 2nd G2 (OD) a couple of weeks ago. Yup just like my yellow one, the mid section is darker than the rest.

All 3 parts on both do not match, but in the dark no one can see your shame :)

In the store, everything looks good, get to the car, whip out the SAK, open it up and hey, just like my wardrobe, nothing matches...

Works great though.

Now my G3 is fine but black is easy to match.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Wow thanks for all the replies and comments. I appreciate it very much. I guess I can live with it as the olive drab is a army color and sometimes the green can be different shades I guess. Love the G2 anyway.

sappyg

Enlightened

pilote

Newly Enlightened
my green and tan g2's are a bit "off color" (as well as a c3 ha), but it doesn't matter to me...i didn't buy them for collecting; i just care that they work reliably.

lightinsky

Enlightened
my green and tan g2's are a bit "off color" (as well as a c3 ha), but it doesn't matter to me...i didn't buy them for collecting; i just care that they work reliably.

I want to get a tan G2 down the road too. How do you like the C3?

swsccassidy

Newly Enlightened
Just to add, my OD G2 is mismatched. The head and tail are different from each other, and all together different from the body. I could care less, the thing works and it really isn't noticeable unless you're really looking. If it makes any difference, I got it almost a year ago, so this isn't a new thing. Also, I've got the novatac clip on mine too, makes it sit nicely in the pocket if you need your hands for a minute or something.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Just to add, my OD G2 is mismatched. The head and tail are different from each other, and all together different from the body. I could care less, the thing works and it really isn't noticeable unless you're really looking. If it makes any difference, I got it almost a year ago, so this isn't a new thing. Also, I've got the novatac clip on mine too, makes it sit nicely in the pocket if you need your hands for a minute or something.

You are right why should it matter. I only notice the color difference if I am really looking hard at my OD G2. Just looking normally I would say it looks fine and I am sure others would say I'm nuts because who would even think to notice something like that, no wait a flashaholic would, lol. I am just being way to picky. I only wanted to know if I had a dud but obviously not since many others have mismatched G2's. I am happy with my light, it works flawlessley and appreciate the support from you all here.