Tri-V rubber lens cap interest thread

fasteddie

Enlightened
Hola. If you're interested in a rubber lens cap for your Tri-V, post your interest here. If one is purchased for each Tri-V made, it works out to just over $14 USD a piece. Plus shipping. If interest is strong, I'll keep the ball rolling. I'd really like to get a couple.

Information on the lens cap design can be found here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3352991&postcount=1

And here is the only known illustration of the lens cap:

Tri-V-cap.jpg

Hope its silicone rubber. I'd hate to melt it leaving the light on by accident.

August 5 update:
Dave finished the mold and its on its way to saabluster. Here's a look. Even the mold is a piece of art:

IMG_1198s.jpg

IMG_1200s.jpg

QUANTITIES UPDATED 8/27/10: 85 definite, possibles have been dropped. If your quantity is wrong or if you want to change it, please post an update. I think we're getting vewy vewy cwose.

membername quantity: definite/possible addl
mendhammarsh 2
blitzlicht65 3
RIDE 2
derangboy 2
taewoopa 1
mikes1 1
dcaprilla 2
fyrstormer 2
scout24 3
karlthev 3
run4jc 4
chipwillis 6
tanasit 2
sledhead 1
cnjl3 2
hornady708 2
jamespjc 2
ShortArc 2
JoeB42 2
Data 3
1wrx7 2
jslappa 2
Olaf S 2
Incidentalist 1
fasteddie 4
elnino 1
Nedtheshred 2
easilyled 2
aikiman44 2
ledcarry 8
proline 4
Rudi 1
DaFabricata 3
coloradogps 2
Launch Mini 2

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I'll take two, please. Similar to the already prooposed design, or different? Maybe three...:) EDIT- Just read the Information thread posts, I will take three. I like the proposed design allowing the reflector to be open, and I am sure I will lose one at some point. Gotta have backup!

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for 2-3 of course:D....and, as dcaprilla stated, I'd be in for a few 007 and 005 caps as well (should that be a possibility) though the Tri-V is my main interest here!

Karl