Light does not turn off 100%

Daemon

Newly Enlightened
Bought one of these LED Lenser's to fit on my keychain
http://www.zweibrueder.com/ENG/prod...uessellampen/vquadrat_key.php?id=vquadrat_key

Nice little light, but yeah I was being a idiot and dumped it into my water bottle and shook it around a little to see if it will survive :grin2:
Well it sort of did...still works perfectly etc. Just if I turn it off, it does not go off 100%, it gives still a very, very little bit of light.

Kinda annoying. Anyone know what it can be maybe?
Dumped it in a bucket of rice for a couple of days to see if the rice can get any left over moisture out, but it seems it's not helping.

Last edited by a moderator:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Light does not turn of 100%

sounds exactly like some water in the switch is conducting a tiny bit of power somewhere :thinking:

1anrm

Enlightened

csshih is correct. You need to dry it quickly or else it will get worse. leave it open in the sun without the battery.

I used to have one of those many moons ago as well as my tech buddies. The switch is so soft it turns on in your pockets. I've since upgraded to an E01 and so did my buddies.

I don't recall if the light said anything about water resistance.

Daemon

Newly Enlightened

csshih is correct. You need to dry it quickly or else it will get worse. leave it open in the sun without the battery.

I used to have one of those many moons ago as well as my tech buddies. The switch is so soft it turns on in your pockets. I've since upgraded to an E01 and so did my buddies.

I don't recall if the light said anything about water resistance.

Well it's got a o-ring at the screw off. Guess I now know it's not waterproof :D