Ra Clicky on a Keychain?

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
Well in one week's time I've gone from purchasing my first LED light to wanting a Ra Clicky. I currently carry a D10 SP R2 on a P7 Suspension clip in the following configuration:
IMAG0148.jpg

Is there a way to do this with the Ra Clicky EDC?

Thank you.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the Ra Clicky comes with clip. I don't know why one would want to carry a Ra like that *shudders*.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
that pic is actually how i carry my qmini 123, as well.

for the clicky, i don't use the clip, but rather a paracord with a constrictor knot. it's a handy set up, peace of mind that i won't drop it and lose it.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't think it would work w/o doing some *customization* yourself.

I'm sitting here trying to visualize a HDS Clicky in the pic above and I understand what you are trying to achieve but its...well I gotta ponder on it.:tinfoil:

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
don't think it would work w/o doing some *customization* yourself.

I'm sitting here trying to visualize a HDS Clicky in the pic above and I understand what you are trying to achieve but its...well I gotta ponder on it.:tinfoil:

I'm thinking a screw hole near the tailcap.. or in the tail cap, with an eyelet of some kind screwed into it. SOmething that is beyond my non-existant mechanical skills. Heck I can't even hang a picture straight.

I've sent an email over to HDC to ask them about it.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound sells an inox lanyard ring that would allow you to attach the suspension clip, but the attachment point wouldn't be a the very end of tail.

ralights.jpg

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
At one time there was a thing made for the RA Clicky. Basically it was a steel/alum plate that screwed into the clip holes and it had a eyelet for lanyard/split ring. There was one for sale on the MP like a month ago. Wish someone would make these again.

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
All I would need is a hole in the talcap as seen in this picture on the light to the left.

Is the hole already in the light?

ralights.jpg

Mark Mck

Newly Enlightened
The kydex holster is the way I wear my HDS Ra lights. It is the best way I have found to wear these lights. This holster is a bit expensive ($50) but I think it is money well spent. It is high quality and rugged for EDC use. It can be found on the HDS Systems site and the unique Ti site. I have worn my Quark Ti minis as you have yours configured and it works very well with my Quarks. I feel the Ra might be a bit too big to wear this way.

CLBME

Enlightened
As Fisk-king said the two on the left are twisty models and thus no clicky switch, which is why they have a hole. Like Gswitter I carry my Ra 170 in a similar fashion, except I have a turk's head on mine that pins a loop behind it that I can clip to. I post a picture if I can find one...............

All I would need is a hole in the talcap as seen in this picture on the light to the left.

ralights.jpg

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, I should have clarified that.

As others have mentioned the two lights on the right are Ra Twistys, and their body tubes are not interchangeable with the Clicky/EDC.

Edit: Incidentally, I use one of those same suspension clips on my keys. They're very handy.

sappyg

Enlightened
Ra clicky on a keychain :sick2:

never give your clicky the keys to your car.... i caught mine trying to back my truck out of the driveway once i turned my back on it. i only left it alone with them for a few minutes. i've since discovered that you need a permit for this kind thing b/c it's not the 1st time the police have had to deal with a run away clicky. they told me mine was clocked at 120mph in a 45mph zone and let me off with a stern warning and their undying admiration of the clicky's unique abillities. you may want to check with you local jurisdiction re: the proper use of a clicky. it may not be what you can do with your clicky but more what you're responsibilities are to your clicky... worth checking on... especially if you live in florida and nevada.

if you give it the keys to your house it will likely run up your phone bill, drink all your beer and leave dirty socks all over the floor. your wife will never forgive you for it. don't ask me how i know... just be warned.

do not tie or chain a clicky. do not taunt or badger a clicky. if blinded by a clicky induce vomit and seek emediate medical attention. placing a clicky on a keychain may result in steering column failure, trouser failure and door hardware failure. you might can live with steering collumn failure but are you prepaired to deal with a chained clicky in your pants?

in a nut shell.... i don't recommend it.

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
Hahaha.... I don't really want keys on my clicky or my clicky on my keys... I just want a keyring on my clicky.