I bought a Surefire 6P LED by mistake

nick__45

Newly Enlightened
Well, we were heading out camping and my buddies and I stopped by Gander to get supplies. Since the camping trip was unexpected, the only lights I had in my vehicle were the 2D Maglight, which I trust my life to and its small cousin 2AA LED. My buddy told me they'll grab a light for me and I said "sure" thinking they'll get some latern or Gander brand LED for about 40 dollars that has 200+ lumens. I didn't know what they bought until we got to the camp ground and setup tents.

I love the light but hate the fact that it has no lanyard, no belt clip, and no holster. There is also only one mode but it does have decent running time. What was the intention of this light? My guess is that its main function is a weapon-mounted light.

Is there a belt clip adapter I can buy to slip on it. I don't want to scratch the lense carrying it my pocket. I also don't want to drop it either. Additionally, is there a lense adapter so I can have red or green glow? I am taking it to the Bass Fishing Tournament next weekend.

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the new addition! You can't go wrong with the 6P. There are quite a few belt options available for that light. It will fit in pretty much any 1inch light holsters. If you have any law enforcement type supply stores you will be able to find something.:thumbsup:
I'm not a big fan of clips that just hang the light on the belt...lost one like that, and got some banged up also... I prefer if i'm wearing it on my belt to have the holster secured on the belt and the light secure in the holster.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do want a clip for it, I've just ordered a Solarforce clip for my 6P. It hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment on how good it is.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
congrats, you'll be happy with your light.
if you poke around the forums, you'll find there's an infinite bunch of things you can do for/with your 6P.

Reaper

Enlightened
My 6P's all have the tail shrould and clip from Oveready's and I find them more comfortable for me than just a belt holster since the lights sit further down in either the front or back pocket. Even with the shrould and clips attached, they will at the same time fit in a Ripoff's holster if I went that route. I never attach a light to just the belt because with my luck, it'll catch on something and then it's gone. In the pocket it's not really noticable - just a small bulge.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! The 6P is the light from which all other lights evolved! :)

Novatac clip is a perfect addition. There are plenty of flip-up lens filters you can buy for it, too. It doesn't come with a lanyard, but you can add one if you get the lanyard ring to go with it.

jblackwood

Enlightened
You say you trust your life to your M@glights but neither of the lights you admit to owning have any of the attributes you are missing from the 6P, except for the holster which does come with most 2AA M@glights now. At least you can get everything else you want for your 6P, congrats.

I wouldn't worry too much on cracking the lens by carrying it in your pocket but even if you do, the 6P has something most other lights don't anymore: a lifetime warranty. Happy shopping!