Olight

Thread: Blacklight

Default Blacklight

Blacklight 400w Metal Halide with screw base.
    Power: NA400 watts what is the nm on this light.
    it must be crazy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/fogjuice.../blh400bl.html

Flashaholic

Default Re: Blacklight

You are a bad, bad man!

How dare you tempt me with one of these. To add insult to this, take a look at www.dirtcheaplights.com and check out their used HID lighting systems. If you speak nicely to Joe, he might sell you a used 400W HID fixture this I think will hold one of these evil bulbs.

Just when I was happy and had my fix of UV by buying a cheap 2xF40T12 shop light and dropping in two 48" 40W blacklight bulbs (closeout at the home store--why would they ever carry blacklights?). You had to go and raise the bar, didn't you! Bad, bad man.

What's going to be next some kind of blacklight laser? No, don't tell me.....

[ QUOTE ]
    uvlaser said:
    Blacklight 400w Metal Halide with screw base.
    Power: NA400 watts what is the nm on this light.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm guessing the light emits several peaks; at 365nm, a couple around 404nm, and one around 436nm. I don't know if there's a shorter wavelength or two, as I don't know much about HID "blacklight" bulbs.

*Flashaholic*

You could hunt some big scorpions from a long way off with that sucker. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Larry

From outer space? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for the link, this would have come in handy a couple years ago when I used blacklights for a theatre production. I ended up using fixtures with black light tubes, which still didn't work that great.

-Mike

Flashaholic*

I remember going to a NAB show a long time ago, and someone had a 500w blacklight and a whole table full of glow-things

Nice...veery nice...but $130...ouch. Think I'll just stick to trying to find another F15T8BLB tube for my current fixture...

If anyone gets one of these though, we have GOT to hear a report...

[ QUOTE ]
    You are a bad, bad man!

How dare you tempt me with one of these. To add insult to this, take a look at www.dirtcheaplights.com and check out their used HID lighting systems. If you speak nicely to Joe, he might sell you a used 400W HID fixture this I think will hold one of these evil bulbs.

Just when I was happy and had my fix of UV by buying a cheap 2xF40T12 shop light and dropping in two 48" 40W blacklight bulbs (closeout at the home store--why would they ever carry blacklights?). You had to go and raise the bar, didn't you! Bad, bad man.

[/ QUOTE ] I am very sorry to make you feel that way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Please try to put a [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Do'ah! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] My 400W HID fixture should show up tomorrow. Droolll..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Thanks, uvlaser.

[ QUOTE ]
    [b][i]

[/ QUOTE ]

Found some cheaper/smaller HID blacklights here...
    scroll down to the bottom of the page.

http://www.specialtyoptical.com/Black%20light.htm