10180 Cell sustitute

faca

Newly Enlightened
hi I use a lummi WEE 25 lumens and I want to sustitute the 10180 battery with some lithium cells.
why? becouse 10108 battery discharges and when I need it the flashlight is run out, yes I´m laizy with 10180 charge rutin :sssh:

Anyway plaese let me know some possibilities and run times.

thanks

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no easy battery alternative for powering up a 25 lumen Wee. It's made for the exact length of the supplied 10180 cells. It lacks a conventional tail spring and this it what makes finding an alternative difficult.

The only thing that comes to mind that might work would be to stack and wrap 4 #380 silver oxide 1.55 volt-82 mAH rated cells plus a 3.0 mm thick conductive spacer disc and slide them into the tube to see how it goes.

The outer edge of the batteries & conductive spacer disc can't come into contact with the wall of the battery tube so you must line up the 4 coin cells and spacer and wrap the stack with a bit of tape to prevent them from shorting out against the battery tube. Put the spacer in the middle of the stack. The tapped stack will be much easier to handle as well.

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
Your 10180 must be bad. I don't charge mine any more often than every 3-6 months and it hardly runs down during that time with keychain use.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
10180 cells & Li-ion cells in general have a very low self discharge. Should be good for a whole year easy without self discharging.
There are many options with coin cells stacked / insulated & spacers. However in my experience nothing compares to the 10180 Li-ion.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds to me like you may have over discharged your 10180 cell at some point. It could have also been a bad cell from the factory?

Try a new cell and don't overdischarge it (this needs some discipline and is easily done).