Trustfire 18650 (2500 mAh)?

KarlMaldensNose

Newly Enlightened
The blue and black ones. I've found a place that sells them for $8.45 USD each. Compared to AW's 18650's (2600 mAh) which are sold only in pairs for about $40.00 CND:sick2: where I'm from, the difference is staggering. Anyway, that breaks down to $20.00 each. Big price difference, obviously, but I'm wondering about performance. Price savings aside, are the blue and black Trustfire 18650 cells reliable enough in lights like my Lumapower D-mini VX and MG P-Rocket? Also, will they fit in my Cytac 139 charger?

TranceAddict

Newly Enlightened
What's your point Mr T.A? Or are you trying to waste people's time again?[/QUOTE

was trying to give warning on the danger side of saving few pennies for using unreliable li-ion products, but so far to no avail, no one would realize until unpleasant things happened.

if you find it a waste of time, just ignore it, no big deal.

TranceAddict

Newly Enlightened
What's your point Mr T.A? Or are you trying to waste people's time again?[/QUOTE

was trying to give warning on the danger side of saving few pennies for using unreliable li-ion products, but so far to no avail, no one would realize until unpleasant things happened.

if you find it a waste of time, just ignore it, no big deal.

325addict

Enlightened
The blue 2500mAh Trustfire protected(!) cells used to be good, but since the latest price drop quality of the cells dropped as well. They don't hold their charge very well, and don't have the capacity claimed (the older ones nearly had 2500mAh indeed).
But, no panic: someone posted the link for the "True 2400mAh" Trustfire 18650 cells already, these are THE cells to go for from DX at this moment.

I posted a small test & comparison between Wolf Eyes, AW and these Trustfire 18650s in this section. Have a look at it, and you'll see how good they actually are :)

Timmo.

KarlMaldensNose

Newly Enlightened
so you're trying to use crap *fire cells in already-crappy **-139 charger clone ???

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280909

good luck dude, share your fire story with us later :whistle:

I figured that my question about Trustfire 18650's quality would be enough indication that I do not know anything about them specifically. I don't mind people telling me things are "crap" (it's a nice service, actually), but couching the advice in derivative, bland sarcasm is just pointless and boring.

The blue 2500mAh Trustfire protected(!) cells used to be good, but since the latest price drop quality of the cells dropped as well. They don't hold their charge very well, and don't have the capacity claimed (the older ones nearly had 2500mAh indeed).
But, no panic: someone posted the link for the "True 2400mAh" Trustfire 18650 cells already, these are THE cells to go for from DX at this moment.

I posted a small test & comparison between Wolf Eyes, AW and these Trustfire 18650s in this section. Have a look at it, and you'll see how good they actually are :)

Timmo.

Thank-you, Timmo. I appreciate the straightforward and informative responce. I will certainly check out your tests.

BTW, I passed on the Trustfires but am still a bit worried about my Cytac 139. For a noob, I think it'd be prudent to have a reliable charger with consistent power-off capability. I'll proabaly put out for a Pila or something similar and send the Cytac back once it arrives.

It's a bummer, though, as that means I'll have to cancel a mouth-watering order at ChefKnivesToGo.com/HandAmerican I have just waiting for me to press the Checkout button on. For you knife geeks who're interested: 11"x3" HandAmerican hone base, and for it, basla wood, rock hard felt, and bark tanned bovine leather (horsebutt was soldout), and for ontop of those surfaces, 1 micron diamond spray, 2 micron silicon carbide semi-paste, 1 micron boron carbide semi-paste.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for the Solarforce 18650P 2400mAh or EagleTac 18650 2400mAh cells. They have consistent quality and decent capacity. Should be cheaper than AW too.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a link to old4570's battery and charger tests, they include 18650s & 18700s.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3334550&postcount=1

Here's another good one: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=257543&highlight=18650

Light-Reviews test: http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=513

I'm using Trustfire 2400mah 18650s, the ones that have the black/red/orange wrapping. After 3 months of daily use in both single-cell and multi-cell lights, I've found them to be as good as the AW 2200mah 18650s. My house hasn't burnt down nor have I caused any fires in the aircraft hangars in which I work.

Last edited: