• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger Stainless Steel Knurled

Curt R

Enlightened
We are shipping to RMSK on Monday, 19 July 2010, some new Knurled SS Eigers, he should have them by
the 21st. These are the standard Key Ring models just like the HA and Brass units. Lugs will have to wait
until the SR450 lights are finished.

Curt

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
good news- IMO the knurled ss bodies are very nice!

DSCN3063.jpg

esswhykay

Newly Enlightened
So tempted to bite on the key ring models, but after seeing that pic I think I'm going to wait for the lug bodies. I hope I can hold out just a lil' bit longer. :)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
So tempted to bite on the key ring models, but after seeing that pic I think I'm going to wait for the lug bodies. I hope I can hold out just a lil' bit longer. :)

As a CPF'er your reply needs to be, "I'm going to buy both!"

Curt R

Enlightened
We have a few double cut knurled bodies, that happens when the knurls do not take a first bite into the metal.
They are not normally offered for sale. However if that is what is wanted, just request that as a special.
They are machining mistakes and are not normal.

As for sharp peaks also referred to as 90 to 100 % impression, they have a tendency to wear holes in pockets
of your pants in just a few hours! The Stainless Steel model at 100 % could be used as a wood rasp. The
pressure required to make 100 % knurls in SS is very destructive, even at 30 % depth the knurls are very
worn after just 100 parts on an Eiger sized body. :(

Curt

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the smooth Eiger SS pocket bodies still?? Or the knurled pocket bodies without lug?

Thanks.....

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is one huge advantage to these key ring bodies: you can order a body with both a SS key ring AND a SS momentary switch. This will allow you to carry the light on your keychain in twisty mode when required, or in your pocket with the momentary switch when that's preferred.

The Eiger body options are the same as the older Matterhorn's. There are some great pictures and diagrams in MWClint's Sticky:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212589

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
fair enough, on the vast majority of things i make i use a very fine knurl and knurl to 100% impression. but they dont really spend much time in pockets and when i need them my hands are usually covered in oil and or cutting fluid so the more aggressive nature is handy. i absolutely hate double cut knurls and have spent a good bit or practice to figure out the art so that i very rarely double cut. im a big fan of the spiral radius cut into the heads of alot or the larger lights, just as effective as knurls and neater from a machining standpoint IMHO.

My 3,000 post...

Last edited:

Curt R

Enlightened
It has been brought to my attention that there are some rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries that are shorter
than the standard typical size of a AAA battery or the standard 10440 length. There has always been a length
difference between different manufacturers of batteries, and we have measured as much as 45 thousands
of an inch, (1.15 mm). We make to the average size as much as possible, but just can not cover all
variations that are made. If you get a 10440 battery that is too short, there is not much that we can do about
that. If the battery compartment is shortened for that battery, than a normal AAA battery would be too long.
The only thing that we can suggest is that you find out the overall length of the battery first, and then
compare that to a normal battery before you make a purchase of that battery. :shakehead

Curt

Last edited:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery length issues don't seem to be problems at all in the keychain/momentary format Eigers (or other Peaks). These have room for adjustment at both the front end/twisty and also at the rear end/screw-momentary.

I've experienced no problems with short batteries in either lug or pocket bodies. Length problems arise only from long batteries that expose the O-ring in lug or pocket bodies which might not be long enough to accommodate such non-standard batteries.

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
Count me in on a SS knurled lug! :thumbsup:

As for the 10440 size problem, I think the issue is some brands are selling protected 10440s, in which the PTC wafer adds a few mm. This problem also shows up with AAA-sized Li-ion chargers.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you planning on stocking other low output models like #1 or #0 in the future? It would be good to know so people could order them without the wait for a special order for one.