1 or 2 x AA battery case?

entoptics

Enlightened
I need a couple of minimalist, one or two AA cell battery holders on the cheap. Did a search, and nothing of use came up.

I found very few options online, and they wanted $1-$2 each for the holders, and $7+ for shipping!

I only need a couple, and don't like the idea of paying $4-$5 each for cheap plastic.

Any brick/mortar options or places with cheap shipping? I searched DX and KD and didn't find anything but this 4 case kit. I don't have much use for the other cases, so I'd end up shelling out $2.50 a piece for the 2xAA case.

Any clever homemade solutions or adaptive use of other cheap containers?

If nobody has any ideas, I suppose the DX kit will have to do.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad you couldn't get the 2 x AA on their own at dx. I was happy with dx: 3558 but those are 4 x AA holders which is not what you are looking for.

entoptics

Enlightened
Double bummer on the DX 2xAA holder. After looking more closely, it's 2xAAA.:fail:

I will definitely buy a couple of the aluminum pill fobs if I order from GoingGear again, but the cost is a bit much to justify by itself with shipping. I'm dirt poor, and all I really need is a cheap "carrier" for backpack duty.

Looks like I may be stuck with some cellophane and tape. Any other suggestions welcome.

entoptics

Enlightened
I keep my spare batteries in a spare light, not that much different in terms of weight/volume in the backpack, but gives better redundancy.
I wanna spend $2 on a battery holder, and the advice I get is...

"Get another light!"

lovecpf

Kidding aside, it's a good suggestion, but I don't have another AA light (yet), and with my budget and needs, I have no plans to get one soon.

ronkar

Newly Enlightened
Well, how cheap do you want to go?

Saran Wrap or a plastic baggie, plus a rubber band?

They sorta do the job, but I wouldn't show off my creation.:devil:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Try ebay item 170408113064
They are $1 each + $1.50/$1.00 shipping/extras here, or $2.50/1, $4.50/2 etc.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: spare in a case vs spare in a light

I keep my spare batteries in a spare light, not that much different in terms of weight/volume in the backpack, but gives better redundancy.
The reason I keep my spare in a case--not in a light--is that the light can accidentally turn on in my pocket. Or I may pocket the light without turning it off. In fact, when I need a spare, it's seldom because I've discharged my first light by actually using it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: spare in a case vs spare in a light

The reason I keep my spare in a case--not in a light--is that the light can accidentally turn on in my pocket. Or I may pocket the light without turning it off. In fact, when I need a spare, it's seldom because I've discharged my first light by actually using it.

use a piece of tape over the end of one of the batteries so it won't make contact when you put it into the light.