Rayovac 3D Industrial Light - New Style

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
ARGH!

They changed it!

Here is an older 2D with Made in USA on the tail cap shown how it looks with the head off. Note the spring!

fb6867b5.jpg

Here is how the New Style (made in Thailand) appears. Note the non adjustable SOLID plastic bulb mount.

fb6867dd.jpg

And here are the two side by side.

fb6867c8.jpg

Note: I don't think my two Sam's Choice 3Ds or my older Rayovac 3D at home look exactly like the 2D shown here, but all DO use a spring.

Here is a beam shot, with the bulb it came with aligned with the switch position and 3 fresh Rayovac Heavy Duty D cells. Not a great representative pic, but does give an idea about the beam shape. Taken about 6 feet away on cieling with a pretty fair amount of ambient light.

fb685d70.jpg

Glad I do have some older, BETTER Rayovacs! But this ain't TOO bad for $8.63 out the door at Lowes.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
ya can't beat the Sam's choice ones, huh? i love my 4 C'd one! w/krp103. i can't wait to try out some 3aa-D holders in it!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
All isn't lost!

My older Rayovac 3D (which is similar sized but very different afterall..) was keeping a Tektite 2LED Replacement bulb busy. Since the LED isn't as picky about being centered (and can't since it's two side-by-side!) I placed it in the Newer light and have an incandescent bulb back in the old one making an almost perfect beam.

It's a KPR103 on 3 Energizers, since I want it to be quite reliable. I have hot rodded stuff in other lights.

I still say it's a decent light for a decent price.