• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Brinkman Legend 2AA Host for Badboy

Warbird

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered a Badboy 400mA Sandwich Module Kit w/Q3 from Dat2zip and I am a newbie so please bear with me.

I am going to drop the BB in a MM and the instructions to put it into a MM are available from Dat2zips website. I bought a Brinkman Legend 2AA just out of curiosity.Could anyone lead me to a place that has instructions on how to install the BB? I know how to take the flashlight apart and everything comes apart ok ,but the switch does'nt drop out of the battery tube like the MM. Any help will be appreciated.

Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

ksbman

Flashaholic*
A retaining ring holds in the lamp base.

Take something long and skinny, like a pencil, and push the lamp base out the switch end of the tube.

The retaining ring will probably hang up on the threads once it gets to them. Turn the tube over so the lamp base slides back to the top then reach in with little pliers or a cooked awl or something and yank the retaining ring past the threads.

Turn the tube back over and the lamp base will slide right out.

I re-use the retaining ring with the modules I've installed in my Brinkmann 2AA's. It's a much stronger retaining ring that the ones dat2zip was giving out with his modules. I have not had a problem with the module moving down and losing contact.