Streamlight SL20X Conversion

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Malkoff did one of these a few years back, which I missed out on. Now Battery Junction has a TerraLUX TLE-110S upgrade for the Streamlight SL20X. The website says it will only work in the aluminum version.

Anyone had any luck mounting it in plastic? I have 2 of these, plus a SL20XP.

Thanks!

PhillyRube

Enlightened
I tested it meeself.....OK, here's what I did: I picked up a BatteryJunction TerraLUX TLE-110-S-MM Multi Mode 600 Lumen LED Upgrade for Streamlight SL20X Dimmable 110SMM. Fast shipping, well packed. I tried this out in the plastic cased SL20X I have. No problems with fit, except the reflector size is reduced somewhat by the plastic housing. Works like a champ. I ran it on high for an hour, just to see what happens. The plastic housing got pretty warm, and I think I'll replace the plastic lens with a borafloat one. Otherwise, no issues. The website says it is for the metal cased SL20X. Upgrade your hot-wire with this, and double your battery life.

azgunrunner

Newly Enlightened
I tested it meeself.....OK, here's what I did: I picked up a BatteryJunction TerraLUX TLE-110-S-MM Multi Mode 600 Lumen LED Upgrade for Streamlight SL20X Dimmable 110SMM. Fast shipping, well packed. I tried this out in the plastic cased SL20X I have. No problems with fit, except the reflector size is reduced somewhat by the plastic housing. Works like a champ. I ran it on high for an hour, just to see what happens. The plastic housing got pretty warm, and I think I'll replace the plastic lens with a borafloat one. Otherwise, no issues. The website says it is for the metal cased SL20X. Upgrade your hot-wire with this, and double your battery life.
just to clarify, you did this test yourself on a SL20XP or SL20X? I think you're saying you did the test on the SL20XP?

Also can you clarify what you mean by upgrade your hot-wire?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last time I checked at Malkoff they had some for the SL20. Now x or p? Don't know.

The TerraLUX I just dropped in a TL came with a replacement metal head.
You may consider checking at flashlightdistributor.com for a metal head for your plastic one. They sell streamlight parts.

Last edited:

gearhead1972

Newly Enlightened
I've done it, had to remove the black plastic ring that goes around the reflector. It's been a long time, but I think I could just about get the lens cover with the ring, and I still wanted water resistance. I'll take some pictures.