• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Edition: Vote for your favorite McGizmo!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there you McGizmo fans! :wave:

I recently acquired my first McGizmo as some of you may know. I'm totally smitten with it and have been trying to read as much info on these great lights that Don creates as I can find. This led me to a great older thread "Opportunity to vote for your top McGizmo"

It was started almost exactly two years ago (7/24/2008) and I thought that a new edition might be in order. Lot's more people have been brought into the fold since that thread, and some new lights have been offered by Don.

So, please vote for your favorite McGizmo. Pictures are always a good thing! Don't be shy about your camera skills. Any pic is better than none. :grin2:

Disclamier: I tried to create sensible categories based on the old thread and suggestions therein. My apologies if something doesn't make sense, or if a light is unfairly grouped.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm voting for my only McGizmo so far, but I don't know if any of the others can top it. The McLux III PD-S (slate black).

Picture credits go to Sable. Thanks!
pds4.jpg

carrot

Flashaholic
I only have two McLuxIII PD's but I think as I have carried them for 4 years now I am qualified to say they are one of the best EDCs of all time.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The PD series are by far my favorites.

6-flute Ti PD-S/8-flute Ti PD-S/LS27PD/Mule PD/XR19-C & Lummi Orb Raw which although not McGizmo fits well in the photo:-

IMG_2008.jpg

BTW ninemm, I see you didn't leave a voting space for the Makai.

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti PD (with XP-G) for EDC

27LT (with XP-G) at higher amps for beam quality & robustness.

My PD XR-E (AL - slate) is out for coating at modomags - love the light, but it's been a while...

Okay - I had the first 2 upgraded with new emitters - but makes them current with 99% of the new lights out there & the PD design is fantastic.

The LS20 & 27 are wonderful
Haiku XR-E (bead blast in my case) is GREAT & I can only imagine how wonderful the Haiku XP-G warm is (thanks to Don for offering it).

My only wonder / wish - is the 2-pak McClicky which in my case just fits an AW 17670 with label off - could it be bored to fit an 18650 - or fit a 1760 a bit better? I know that is not what Don intended.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely need to get some more PD lights. My first one is going to get cerakoted and an XPG upgrade. Looking forward to that. Thinking maybe a PD Mule for my second? Or possibly a 27LT.

Hope you get your PD XR-E back soon Neale. I don't know if I could stand to be without mine that long.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still appreciate my first McGizmo (LS27) but a Ti PD-S is getting the majority of the pocket time.

-Mayo

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I still really like my PDs, but I had to vote for the Haiku. That's the light I grab when I need a light that just works, x2 if I need to have a free hand. It's pretty much taken over car-repair duties at my house.

I'd still like to see an aluminum version, so I could afford to give them to people as gifts. $450 is just too much to swing for a single gift, especially if I wanted to give them to more than one person at once.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still really like my PDs, but I had to vote for the Haiku. That's the light I grab when I need a light that just works, x2 if I need to have a free hand. It's pretty much taken over car-repair duties at my house.

I'd still like to see an aluminum version, so I could afford to give them to people as gifts. $450 is just too much to swing for a single gift, especially if I wanted to give them to more than one person at once.

I'd like to see more aluminum McGizmo's in general. :)

fyrstormer

Banned
Can I be your friend, fyrstormer? :D
Sure...but you wouldn't get a flashlight from me, because I know you already know the value of them. I usually get people gifts that I know they'll appreciate once they get one, but they've never thought were worth buying. It makes for lots of confused faces on Christmas, followed by nice thank-you letters a month later.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes to the Haiku, for the same reasons as Fyrstormer.

While I really cherish my Ti PD lights, the Haiku is the user! :thumbsup:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Visual design (apart from function); I go for 6 flute PD & Lunasol20.
*For ease of use; I go for McCliky, so SD & Haiku. C-Pak is too long for my taste.
*LED; I prefer XR-E to P4 or XP-G, so LS27 & Haiku XR-E. Of course, SD has its unique flavor.
*And I love two different beams of LS20 & LS27.

My friend "T" got Makai, and I had chance to play around, and it was beautiful. Certainly better & more than the pic's. It's too big to be an EDC light, but I'm gonna get it, soon. :grin2:

In other words, just about everything. :devil:

Last edited:

Latest posts