Klarus

Thread: Zebralight H51

Hybrid View

Default Zebralight H51

Just noticed on the ZL site that the H51 is open for preorders: $64 and due around 18th Aug.

http://www.zebralight.com/H51-Headla...00Lm_p_37.html
    Is that a torch in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

Default Re: Zebralight H51 details/preorder!!!

I am glad Zebralight uses Eneloops to test the run times. Now there should be no confusion. Wow, 200lm from an Eneloop! That's just awesome. I guess there is no need for 14500 support when they can get this kind of lumens out of an Eneloop.

What I don't like: no emergency mode.
    Last edited by davidt1; 07-20-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

How did they get 200 OTF from a single AA?
    Then it comes to be that the soothing light
    At the end of your tunnel
    Was just a FREIGHT TRAIN coming your way...

Id prefer a Beacon mode oder the second medium or the second high mode, too.

I would like to have 14500 support but as it seems to be quite good with eneloops im OK with that too.

No integrated pocketclip either (and no diffusor...)
    This post has been enhanced with the Misspeller.

I just measured my small flashlight phone case. 3.3'' is the exact length, so this light will fit perfectly. The length meets my discreet on-person EDC requirement.

What I would like to see is the SC50 upgraded with the same emitter and circuit. An upgraded SC50 and H51F would both fit in the same phone case and let me carry a potent light combo for flood and throw. On the other hand, a single H51 can do some throw and a little flood. If the claimed specs are true, the combination of XP-G and their new circuit seem to produce some amazing results.

Flashaholic*

Should make a nice set along with the SC50. Very Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty66 View Post
    Id prefer a Beacon mode oder the second medium or the second high mode, too.

I would like to have 14500 support but as it seems to be quite good with eneloops im OK with that too.

No integrated pocketclip either (and no diffusor...)
    I would replaced the 2.5lm low with the 8lm medium and put a beacon in place of the 8lm. Seriously, who thinks 8lm is medium?

I am OK with the two levels of high.

I don't even use the clip that come with my H501. Neither do you. No big deal for me there.
    Last edited by davidt1; 07-21-2010 at 11:29 AM.

I must say that i like the levels a lot!
    Just rember, that Lumen is a spare unit: four times the lumen will be recieved as double as bright.

For the H51 the levels are pretty well set:
    0,2lm will seem about 1/3 as bright as 2,5lm
    2,5lm is about 1/2 as bright as 8lm
    8lm is about 1/2 as bright as 30lm
    30lm is roughly 1/2 as bright as 100lm

only 200lm isnt double as bright as 100lm.

The perfect settings for me would be
    low: 0,2 or 3lm (4x brightness)
    med: 12 or 50lm (2x brightness)
    high: 200lm (2x brightness and as much as possible) and a beaconmode

But the levels of the H51 are pretty good... i would just rather like the beacon mode than 100lm
    This post has been enhanced with the Misspeller.

Quote Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    I would replaced the 2.5lm low with the 8lm medium and put a beacon in place of the 8lm. Seriously, who thinks 8lm is medium?

I am OK with the two levels of high.

I don't even use the clip that come with my H501. Neither do you. No big deal for me there.
    haha 8 lumens is off the charts beyond high on my Novatac. High is 2.7 lumens the way I have mine set up.

Quote Originally Posted by strinq View Post
    How did they get 200 OTF from a single AA?
    I'm with you strinq. I'll believe it when I see it. That being said, if I see it I'll probably have to buy it!

do you guys think they'll make
    an H61?

Been waiting a while- maybe they'll just
    update the H60 w an XPG- id be cool with
    that too.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Zendude View Post
    I'm with you strinq. I'll believe it when I see it. That being said, if I see it I'll probably have to buy it!
    That could be why there's no 14500 support. The circuit's probably custom tailored to a AA NiMH... And Eneloops can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Luthor View Post
    That could be why there's no 14500 support. The circuit's probably custom tailored to a AA NiMH... And Eneloops can handle it.
    Must be one heck of a circuit then.
    If it is as claimed then... awesome.
    Now I just wonder if I can accept a headlamp with a greenish tint.
    I thought I was fine with my Quark but the green tint is beginning to get to me.
    Then it comes to be that the soothing light
    At the end of your tunnel
    Was just a FREIGHT TRAIN coming your way...

Quote Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    I am glad Zebralight uses Eneloops to test the run times. Now there should be no confusion. Wow, 200lm from an Eneloop! That's just awesome. I guess there is no need for 14500 support when they can get this kind of lumens out of an Eneloop.

What I don't like: no emergency mode.
    David,
    My way of pursuing the headlight objective might be really strange by the way some people look at the subject. I haven't looked closely at Eneloops for years because 1900mAh was pretty much the number of the beast and of course the 2000 w/ the godly guaranteed minimum of 1900 sounds so neat. Something like 17xx -1999 perfectly within actual industry SPECS which is the bureau of standards for the industry. I leave my house in the evening on a horse with a set of MAHA 2700s with their minimum guaranteed 2500 perfectly within institute specs and I have approximately 100 - (1900/2500*100) or basically 24% more regulated runtime GIVING the Eneloop every bit of the doubt. which means that at worst the 2700mah MAHA is giving me an extra hour in every four. I'm curious where youre getting this great sensation of honesty if an emitter mounting company chooses to post results from using Eneloops - UNLESS - They are certifying the actual discharge power of each set of batteries beforehand. They could be 1975- I've seen it (not for more than a cycle or two). Maybe it's my luck, but my Eneloop experience gets me below 1600 pretty quickly whereas with reasonable care, it's hard to get the MAHA's below 2460.

They (AA nimhs) ALL put out 1.2V, even the one's that bs more than Sanyo.

Just my experience, but i don't like changing batteries until I get home.

I know the Sanyo people passed out thousands of dollars worth of these nimhs to tech-heads several years ago and maybe you guys don't get much free stuff and that got even a lot of above ground types all wound up.

One time I was buying a very evpensive bull by the pound. I knew the person selling the bull and we started having fun testing his scale by putting 50 pound feed sacks on it. Every sack increased the weight almost exactly 49 pounds. Turns out the bureau of weights and standard aloows for 2% (thats 2 pounds in a hundred for those that might still be working on this mass or conserved energy concept. Faith is probably fun, but i would be the last person to ask. dehydration shrikage/ acceptable (honest) mecanical error/ or the pull of the moon on the water and salt left in the grain / whatever and the big feed companies like MFA have very sophisticated equipment that lets them make a buck or two on every c/wt. and $20-40 on every ton.

Your sacred Emneloops are manufactured and marketed by capitalist plutocrats. Learn something about whether there is a god and if there is one or more, the one or more has the power to cut himself a lot of slack. Sanyo is big enough and holds enough force in its fist to be god-like - I didn't exagera-onthological anything.

marksand - Hamletfermi
    Hamlet Fermi

Enlightened

Would really appreciate it if someone could show (or point me to) a pic of the H51 with the pocket clip on. Since I would almost always have the clip on, it's kind of important for my purposes. Also, can the clip be installed for bezel-up carry? Thanks.

just arrived today.itīs getting dark here,so canīt wait to try it!!
    so far so good.itīs a bit bulkier than the 501,but not too much.
    like the beam too.not much spill,and the flood is useful for close working
    i like the modes,especially the min-min.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigF View Post
    Would really appreciate it if someone could show (or point me to) a pic of the H51 with the pocket clip on. Since I would almost always have the clip on, it's kind of important for my purposes. Also, can the clip be installed for bezel-up carry? Thanks.
    sorry for bad quality.hope you get the idea.itīs a rubber band.just turn it,and can carry it bezel up or down.

Enlightened

^ Thanks a lot! The pocket clip is not even close to what I thought it was, and even though it isn't exactly how I'd prefer, it will work a lot better for me than what I thought it was...

Hmmm, they ought to change their site pics as these lights aren't even close to black anodized now. Otherwise some might be disappointed as many insist on black stuff (I'm not one).