Zebralight H51

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebralight H51 details/preorder!!!

I am glad Zebralight uses Eneloops to test the run times. Now there should be no confusion. Wow, 200lm from an Eneloop! That's just awesome. I guess there is no need for 14500 support when they can get this kind of lumens out of an Eneloop.

What I don't like: no emergency mode.

Last edited:

Shorty66

Enlightened

Id prefer a Beacon mode oder the second medium or the second high mode, too.

I would like to have 14500 support but as it seems to be quite good with eneloops im OK with that too.

No integrated pocketclip either :( (and no diffusor...)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just measured my small flashlight phone case. 3.3'' is the exact length, so this light will fit perfectly. The length meets my discreet on-person EDC requirement.

What I would like to see is the SC50 upgraded with the same emitter and circuit. An upgraded SC50 and H51F would both fit in the same phone case and let me carry a potent light combo for flood and throw. On the other hand, a single H51 can do some throw and a little flood. If the claimed specs are true, the combination of XP-G and their new circuit seem to produce some amazing results.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in.

I adore my H501 and this is all that plus more brightness and more efficiency... plus nice, guilt-free lumens... Ah Zebra!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

do you guys think they'll make
an H61?

Been waiting a while- maybe they'll just
update the H60 w an XPG- id be cool with
that too.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Id prefer a Beacon mode oder the second medium or the second high mode, too.

I would like to have 14500 support but as it seems to be quite good with eneloops im OK with that too.

No integrated pocketclip either :( (and no diffusor...)

I would replaced the 2.5lm low with the 8lm medium and put a beacon in place of the 8lm. Seriously, who thinks 8lm is medium?

I am OK with the two levels of high.

I don't even use the clip that come with my H501. Neither do you. No big deal for me there.

Last edited:

Shorty66

Enlightened

I must say that i like the levels a lot!
Just rember, that Lumen is a spare unit: four times the lumen will be recieved as double as bright.

For the H51 the levels are pretty well set:
0,2lm will seem about 1/3 as bright as 2,5lm
2,5lm is about 1/2 as bright as 8lm
8lm is about 1/2 as bright as 30lm
30lm is roughly 1/2 as bright as 100lm

only 200lm isnt double as bright as 100lm.

The perfect settings for me would be
low: 0,2 or 3lm (4x brightness)
med: 12 or 50lm (2x brightness)
high: 200lm (2x brightness and as much as possible) and a beaconmode

But the levels of the H51 are pretty good... i would just rather like the beacon mode than 100lm

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm with you strinq. I'll believe it when I see it. That being said, if I see it I'll probably have to buy it!:naughty:

That could be why there's no 14500 support. The circuit's probably custom tailored to a AA NiMH... And Eneloops can handle it. :eek:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would replaced the 2.5lm low with the 8lm medium and put a beacon in place of the 8lm. Seriously, who thinks 8lm is medium?

I am OK with the two levels of high.

I don't even use the clip that come with my H501. Neither do you. No big deal for me there.

haha 8 lumens is off the charts beyond high on my Novatac. High is 2.7 lumens the way I have mine set up.

strinq

Enlightened

That could be why there's no 14500 support. The circuit's probably custom tailored to a AA NiMH... And Eneloops can handle it. :eek:

Must be one heck of a circuit then.
If it is as claimed then... awesome.
Now I just wonder if I can accept a headlamp with a greenish tint.
I thought I was fine with my Quark but the green tint is beginning to get to me.

red02

Enlightened

I thought I was fine with my Quark but the green tint is beginning to get to me.

XPGs do not have to be green, for example; Dereelight dropins are famously not green. Zebralight and Fenix (against who's tint selection I've heard little complaints) are great at picking outstanding tints and hopefully this will not change.

There's no reason to worry about the H51 before it's released. I'll be worried if there is hard evidence of green H51s and when dealers stop hand picking units for their customers. Until then all we can do is sit back and wait.

qtaco

Newly Enlightened

It looks pretty good to me, although I was hoping the delayed release was due to changes other then just the circuit of the light (like an integrated clip or lanyard attachment point). Still the circuit sounds very impressive, and I think it could be a very flexible light for backpacking/hiking. I'll be getting one when they become available.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I want one but going to hold off for the reviews and let a little time pass.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

While the circuit is new, the XP-G and OP reflector arrangement is not. The H31 has the same XP-G and OP reflector. There has been very few complains about that light, tint or anything else.

The H51 should benefit from Zebralight's experience with the H31. I do hope they don't make the hot spot too tight because being a headlamp it needs a big hot spot for up-close tasks.

tygger

Enlightened

Looks great. :thumbsup: Can't wait for the warm version.