Unique Titanium
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Zebralight H51

Default Re: Zebralight H51 details/preorder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red02 View Post
    the 100lm mode is what I'm really most interested in...
    I don't have eneloop I have Duracell 2650mah and I planned to test the 100lm mode using a fresh one tonight. I will report back and let you know what I come up with.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    I don't have eneloop I have Duracell 2650mah and I planned to test the 100lm mode using a fresh one tonight. I will report back and let you know what I come up with.
    Thanks, looking forward to it.
    >>Opinions expressed by red02 do not necessarily express the opinions of the company or its subsidiaries. Facts stated by red02 are not necessarily facts.<<

With a Duracell 2650 fresh off the charger with measured 2.8ah from the the BC-900 Lacrosse I checked the runtime at 100lms. I also used my HDS set at 85 lumens which looks identical via ceiling bounce test to measure output.

The H51 went 2hrs 15min before dropping to the 30 lumen output and then stayed at 30 lumens for 45min before dropping to the next lower level. While running during the first 2hrs 15min it did not dim at all and only got ever so slightly warm, and I do mean slightly like a Quark during the first 3mins or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty66 View Post
    Do you own any Petzl Lamps like Tikka XP or Myo Xp? I would really like to see beam comparison pics with th h51...
    I have a Petzl Myo RXP and I'm wondering the same. How much better is this?

Hope to see photos etc soon. Sounds great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by yeti_cx View Post
    I have a Petzl Myo RXP and I'm wondering the same. How much better is this?
    I'm sorry I don't own any Petzl's but I do have a PT Apex 130lm I plan on taking them out and seeing how they match up. I'm particularly interested in comparing the 130lm from the Apex vs. the 100lm beam on the H51.

IIRC the Apex gets about 2hrs regulated on max and with four lithium primary's it's suppose to be around 4hrs, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If I used four(one at a time obviously) lithium primary's in the H51 at 100lm I would at the very least double the runtime at well over 8rhs.I've only tested the NiMh and alkaline so far in the H51 so maybe it's time to test lithium primary so I can confirm my own post.

Flashaholic*

I'm not concerned with runtimes at all. You know it's going to be close to published claims.

But I'm with the crowd who won't be buying the H51 "as is".

I really like my H501W and was thinking of getting another.

But with the H51 out, I'm going to wait until the H51W finally arrives.

I would also like to see it come with not only a pocket clip, but with the neck lanyard like the H50W has.

My .02, and since I'm pretty sure that ZL company people read these forums, I'm just making sure that they know what it's going to take to sell another Zebralight.

Flashaholic*

THIS JUST IN!

If you check the listing on the Zebra site for the H51, you'll see that they moved the shipping time back another week so that they can include a pocket clip.

Well, you can't say that they don't listen to their customers.

http://www.zebralight.com/H51-Headla...00Lm_p_37.html

HELL YEAH

They truly listen!
    Thank you, Zebralight

Flashaholic*

YES! YES! YES!

finally they listened and took my suggestion to include the H31 clip.

zebralight do read the CPF forum !

i will be ordering one H51 soon.

thanks ZL.

Whats the H31 pocket clip? isn't it that the black rubbery thing that came with the H501?

Pics?
    Last edited by red02; 08-17-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    >>Opinions expressed by red02 do not necessarily express the opinions of the company or its subsidiaries. Facts stated by red02 are not necessarily facts.<<

Wait a minute, why are they shipping H51 with H31 clips?
    Wouldn't it be too big?

I just checked this for you and the H31 body is slightly wider, the tailcaps are the same diameter so i guess that's where they get the 23mm.

With the H51 in the H31 clip there is a bit of wiggle room but that does not mean you could not use it because it takes a bit of effort to get the rubber back over the tailcap so it's not going to just come off on you.
    Reading back, I guess a half solution is better than none. I just hope it's not a temporary solution where later on, they would come out with a proper H51 clip right after I got the H51 with H31 clip.

dang- the new clips are keeping me from getting mine this week
    before a backpacking trip. it was gonna be a gift for the GF.

maybe I should order an H31 and then trade her when the H51 comes?

hmmm...

okay!
    well, now Ill have an H31 too!

I just ordered one from Illuminationgear.com

great service!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Wait a minute, why are they shipping H51 with H31 clips?
    Wouldn't it be too big?

Reading back, I guess a half solution is better than none. I just hope it's not a temporary solution where later on, they would come out with a proper H51 clip right after I got the H51 with H31 clip.
    There is a bit of wiggle room using the H31 clip on the H51, if I was going to use the clip I would wrap the part of the body where the rubber sits on the body with electrical tape or some kind kind of wedge.

Kudos to ZL though for listening and I wonder exactly who they listened to.

What exactly is the H31 clip, and what makes it special?

Quote Originally Posted by red02 View Post
    What exactly is the H31 clip, and what makes it special?
    It's nothing special just the same designed clip ZL has always used, I guess their just going to toss them in the H51 box instead of waiting for a new batch that would fit a little better.

Thank you including the clip ZL. It is not something that I really need but I know that some others will use it a lot. I really appreciate that you listened to your customers. I think that will really help you to build brand equity.

So I get to wait an extra week for a clip that doesn't really fit, that I will never use, because this is a HEADLAMP?

My thanks to all the whiners.

If you never used a clip you should really try it. IMHO thats what makes Zerbalights so special: The ability to use the light as handheld, clipped or headlamp makes it a lot more versatile than single-purpose headlamps or flashlights.

I dont like the Clip Zebralight is delivering but i often use clips with my zebralights (mods). I would really apreciate if theyd sell their lights with clips lalong the lines of those Fenix is selling: Simple, clip-on metal clips without any silicone.

But the ZL clip is better than none, especially for a light wich is 5 bucks more than they used to be.
    This post has been enhanced with the Misspeller.

Flashaholic

If you never used a clip you should really try it. IMHO thats what makes Zerbalights so special: The ability to use the light as handheld, clipped or headlamp makes it a lot more versatile than single-purpose headlamps or flashlights.

I dont like the Clip Zebralight is delivering but i often use clips with my zebralights (mods). I would really apreciate if theyd sell their lights with clips lalong the lines of those Fenix is selling: Simple, clip-on metal clips without any silicone.

But the ZL clip is better than none, especially for a light wich is 5 bucks more than they used to be.
    I totally agree. I would even like the type of clip attachment that comes with the SC50.

That type of attachment would be handy for clip users but it will get in the way if you use it as a headlamp.

They could angle the attachment about 90° to the reflector. That way the clip could always stay on the light as it wouldnt get in the way while using it as a headlamp.

Or they could put the clip on the same side as the reflector. The clip wouldn`t interfere with headlamp use and you could put the light into a shirts-pocket letting it shine out of the pocket. Drawback is, that the light could not be ptu all the way into the pocket though. Perhaps add Bezel up and down possibility to suit everybody.
    That would be my favourite clip position.

On the other hand, Zebralights would have to change their headband holders to clip-on variants as the current holders would interfere with the permanently mounted clip.

I did a rough sketch to show my ideas:

The red and blue drawing shows the two possible Clip positions which id both like to have in one light (two sets of mounting holes).
    The green drawing shows a clip on holder for the Headband.
    That way you could clip your light to the headband without the need to remove the pocketclip. You could also unclip the light from the headband while wearing the headband for quick look at a detail without the need to take the headband from your head.
    Last edited by Shorty66; 08-18-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    This post has been enhanced with the Misspeller.

It's nothing special just the same designed clip ZL has always used, I guess their just going to toss them in the H51 box instead of waiting for a new batch that would fit a little better.
    Thanks for the explanation. Reading this thread I started to think that ZL fielded some new design...

Seeing we're on a tangent about the clips, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I've got the h50 and the sc30 and have to say this company is the most original and creative company going, light wise. I'm totally dumbfounded with the slip on clips they send with their lights. Please....at least have a clip on!

Oh....by the way, if you do, please let me know so I can order one.

Can't wait to get my H51!

I recently had an issue with a cheapy energizer headlamp, and have been looking for a quality replacement.

I think I found it.

I received my H51 and it's a beautifully made light. Tons of output, bright hot spot and plenty of spill.

Time to put all my non Zebra lights in the back of my sock draw!

That type of attachment would be handy for clip users but it will get in the way if you use it as a headlamp.

That way you could clip your light to the headband without the need to remove the pocketclip. You could also unclip the light from the headband while wearing the headband for quick look at a detail without the need to take the headband from your head.
    Wow! Great illustration. I too wish they had a better clip solution...
    Galadriel: I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    I wonder why they would choose to remove the clip from the package. It is what makes the headlamp so much more versatile.
    Just got mine yestarday (vey very happy with it) but I see that they are now delaying shipping to include a removable clip (H31)...
    ... why didn't I wait???

That wold have resolved my only gripe about it (well, I would also have liked a lanyard ring too really).

I keep my H50 in its clip and clip it into one of the tighter elastic loops of its headband rather than use the silicone holders. That way I can remove it easily, and it's pretty securely held in place. (The H50 silicone holders were a little loose for my liking).

They don't seem to have an accessories page on the Zebralight site that I can buy a H31 clip...

Anyone have any innovative workarounds?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LEDconvert View Post
    Just got mine yestarday (vey very happy with it) but I see that they are now delaying shipping to include a removable clip (H31)...
    ... why didn't I wait???

That wold have resolved my only gripe about it (well, I would also have liked a lanyard ring too really).

I keep my H50 in its clip and clip it into one of the tighter elastic loops of its headband rather than use the silicone holders. That way I can remove it easily, and it's pretty securely held in place. (The H50 silicone holders were a little loose for my liking).

They don't seem to have an accessories page on the Zebralight site that I can buy a H31 clip...

Its not very innovative but you can request an H31 clip from ZL.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDconvert View Post
    ... why didn't I wait???

I have posted 5 or 6 mods including the clip in the H501 thread.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.