Ottawa area CPF summer 2010 meet

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The local CPF group hasn't gotten together since before Christmas.

We usually do Sunday evenings, but a day other than Sunday would be nice so that we'd be able to go somewhere and shine our lights on something besides Tim Horton's ceiling :D

With kids being out of school, vacations, etc. I'm not going to set a date and would simply like the local gang to pipe up with some ideas for dates when we could meet.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys had a meet on a Saturday, I might be able to join - I'm from Montreal...

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Saturday or Sunday works for me.

There won't be a meet this weekend (Aug 22nd) - I'm working shiftwork this week (production run simulation) and will not be able attend.

Flic

Enlightened
Saturday or Sunday works for me. I'd love to meet some guys from Montréal!

So we're looking w/e of the 29th? Or shall we make it early September?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for an early september saturday, but I'll be away until september 4 or 5

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since there are a couple of folks that would like to come in from Montreal, how does Saturday September 11 sound for a meet?

We could go to the usual place, as it's right off highway 417, which would be good for the out of town folks.

stormcloud

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am from the Ottawa area as well and I am new to the forums. I think it would be cool to have a get together with some other flashlight enthusiasts. Saturday the 11th sounds good just let me know where.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, looks like most folks are good for Saturday, September 11.

Same location as our other meets - Tim Horton's on Innes Road (intersection of Innes and Cyrville - across the street from Costco)
Time: Around 6:30 PM.

Location via Google Maps for the folks coming in from out of town.

If coming in via the 417 from Montreal, get off at exit 112 and take a right onto Innes Road.

bob_ninja

Enlightened
Oh cool, I thought I missed this meet since it is "summer" and I was out of town most of Aug. I am also in.

I would suggest this trail for playing with lights. It is the next exit due east from Innes, so 5 min by car. Exit onto Walkley and turn east away from city, then park at the sharp turn: map

Here is the walking path: map

It should be empty in the evening. I would love to see your lights in action :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If all goes according to plan, I'll be there... I'll make sure everyting goes according to plan.

+1 on the trail. It can't be a real flashaholic GT without some outdoor space to actually try out our lights.

Might I suggest everyone should bring rain gear just in case?