A few charger and battery questions

zipster223

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at the Sanyo eneloop Charger and 2000mAh batteries for all my AA lights.

For my cr123a X2 lights I am looking at getting the Pila IBCT charger and Pila Pila 600S batteries. My second battery choice is the AW 18650.

Are these a good choice?

Lights I will be using are a Fenix TK12 R5, Fenix HL10, a JetBeam M-III, and I also have a Fenix TK40 on the way.

fishinfool

Enlightened
I am looking at the Sanyo eneloop Charger and 2000mAh batteries for all my AA lights.

For my cr123a X2 lights I am looking at getting the Pila IBCT charger and Pila Pila 600S batteries. My second battery choice is the AW 18650.

Are these a good choice?

Lights I will be using are a Fenix TK12 R5, Fenix HL10, a JetBeam M-III, and I also have a Fenix TK40 on the way.

I am not an expert but I can tell you what I bought after reading CPF and BLF for information back when I first started out.

Eneloops are the best AA nimh rechargeable batteries and the MAHA C9000 smart charger is the best nimh AA and AAA charger. As for li-ion, I bought the Pila IBC along with AW 18650, 14500 and rcr123 rechargeable li-ion's.

I also have some of those new Flame labeled TrustFire 18650, 14500 and rcr123 rechargeable li-ion's that have been performing pretty good but if you want the best then go with the AW's. I hope this helps.

fishinfool

Enlightened
Will the MAHA MH-C808M preform as well with Enloops? Thank you.

roddy

First of all, Aloha and welcome to cpf roddy! :wave:

I don't have one but from what I've read, it is a very good AA, AAA, C, & D nimh charger that does 8 batteries at a time and would of course be good for eneloops also. If you need to do 8 nimh batteries at a time then this would be the one to get. Good luck.

Last edited:

roddy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome! I've been registered for awhile now but slightly inactive. Testing is something that intrests me a great deal, just haven't had much time for it the past while. I found CPF a while back with the intent to modify, test or 'hack' one or more of my PT headlamp flashlights. Still haven't made it that far..
I started lurking tonight and came across a thread about the Zebralight H51 Headlamp so I started reading. Looks like an awesome toy! Out of impulse I made the purchase and can't wait till it arrives (shipping in August sometime I hope) :)
As I've indicated in another thread I'm interested in the lithium-ion batteries. I'm curious of thier advantages, how to use them, how to charge them and how safe they are or not. Maybe not such a good choice for something you wear on your head.. I don't know, but none the less they intrest me. I'll do some research.
I own the MAHA charger and I'm glad to hear it will charge the eneloops, I suppose I'll start there.

roddy

fishinfool

Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome! I've been registered for awhile now but slightly inactive. Testing is something that intrests me a great deal, just haven't had much time for it the past while. I found CPF a while back with the intent to modify, test or 'hack' one or more of my PT headlamp flashlights. Still haven't made it that far..
I started lurking tonight and came across a thread about the Zebralight H51 Headlamp so I started reading. Looks like an awesome toy! Out of impulse I made the purchase and can't wait till it arrives (shipping in August sometime I hope) :)
As I've indicated in another thread I'm interested in the lithium-ion batteries. I'm curious of thier advantages, how to use them, how to charge them and how safe they are or not. Maybe not such a good choice for something you wear on your head.. I don't know, but none the less they intrest me. I'll do some research.
I own the MAHA charger and I'm glad to hear it will charge the eneloops, I suppose I'll start there.

roddy

Here's a great place to get started. Tons of excellent info about everything batteries, flashlights and then some.

TTA's Picks for Best Answers to Rechargeable Battery Questions

:popcorn:

I've learned a lot here and still have so much more to learn. We just got to keep on reading and learning.

Latest posts