Fenix TK10 or TK11??

The_Police

Enlightened
Hello, I want to buy one of the Fenix TK10/11 lights, but I want to know which is better. I was kinda leaning more towards the TK11. They seem mostly the same, except for the TK11 is brighter.
I just want to know what you guys think.

thanks,
Dillon

king2penn

Enlightened
TK11 would be able to throw slightly further because of its smooth reflector.
Depends on what your needs are

The_Police

Enlightened
I want a good, bright flashlight that has a decent throwing distance. The TK11 is probably a better choice then isn't it.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix Tk10, and although it's a very good light, I recommend getting the TK11 R5, it's brighter and does everything better. Make sure you get the R5 edition, it's the newest and brightest.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
ok, I have this one all picked out... http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-tk11r5.html

I bought my TerraLUX TLE-6EXB MiniStar5 from www.batteryjunction.com before, and i was satisfied with their business, quick shipping :D

Your will enjoy that light very much. I have surefires, HDS, plus others, and I always go back to my TK11 r5. Don't get me wrong I use the others as well and EDC my HDS, but for around the house and walks around the neighborhood my TK11 is with me most of the times. Buy it you will like it.

Don't forget to use the CPF discount code....

Last edited:

Cesiumsponge

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at the TK11 as well. I've only have one previous Fenix, the LD20 R4. Is the anodizing on the TK11 or their TK "tactical" line true MIL-A-8625 "milspec" type III class II anodizing? Reason I ask is the LD20 R4 had extremely thin anodizing despite being listed as "Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish".

It looks like heck after 6 months of use. I have 20 year old maglites and old surefires that have shown less wear, as well as lots of AR15/accessories with true MIL-A-8625 anodizing, which is very thick and very durable. You won't wear through it without a lot of abuse. It's not what was on the LD20 and I'm wondering if its still an anemic anodize.

The_Police

Enlightened
Your will enjoy that light very much. I have surefires, HDS, plus others, and I always go back to my TK11 r5. Don't get me wrong I use the others as well and EDC my HDS, but for around the house and walks around the neighborhood my TK11 is with me most of the times. Buy it you will like it.

Don't forget to use the CPF discount code....

where can I find this?? and how much discount is it?? I'm surely getting the TK11 now... sounds worth it, all the reviews are great. :D

BRO

Newly Enlightened
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

where can I find this?? and how much discount is it?? I'm surely getting the TK11 now... sounds worth it, all the reviews are great. :D

Go to the CPF Market place, "Good Deals" and look up Battery Junction and you will find something like this Battery Junction - 5% off code: cpf2009, :). By the way, under good deals there are many more businesses like Batter Junction that support CPF members with discounts. Look it up, it is worth it. Good luck.