Messed up my new D-mini VX

KarlMaldensNose

Newly Enlightened
After only an hour of its delivery I managed to screw it up. I'm still very iffy on terminology, but hopefully some of you can follow.

The problem is that it is stuck in high/turbo mode. I was trying to change out the black rubber tailcap boot for a green one and ran into problems getting the clicky module out. The hard black plastic ring with two divots in it that screws in after the module goes in (to secure it?) came out fine with pointy foreceps; however, the module didn't come out with it, it was stuck up in the cap. It wouldn't simply pull or wiggle out by grasping the spring, so I thought it might be threaded and tried unscrewing it. It turned (by gasping the spring) but without resistance, and didn't come out, so it doesn't seem to be threaded. At times while attempting this it felt like maybe I pulled the spring a bit too much and maybe stretched it out. It isn't visably obvious that it has been stretched out/extended, and the tail switch housing/tailcap screws onto the battery tube without too much resistance, but I cannot think of anything else that could have went wrong.

Would a stretched/extended clicky module spring cause this problem? If yes, how can I fix it? If no, any other ideas? Thanks.

Lost

Newly Enlightened
I think you accidently locked your D-Mini VX in high mode.

I found this the LumaPower thread in CPFMP.

"To activate the single mode:
1. Select your desired output level by (cycle) half-press the switch and hold on the power at your selected level for more than 1 second and then release the switch
- The selected output level will then be memorize.

2. With 4 half-press (Press and Release) within 1 second.
- This will activate the Single Mode with your selected output level.

To release the Single mode:
- 4 half-press (Press and Release).

If you still have any problem, you can contact us as : [email protected]

Best regards,

Ricky - Lumapower CS"

KarlMaldensNose

Newly Enlightened
Lost, you found it! The solution, that is. Sorry, I'm so happy that I don't mind the horrific pun. It is back to normal after trying the 4 half-presses within 1 second. THANK-YOU!

I was starting to freak out because I just remembered one other thing I foolishly did to it before the light (seemingly) flaked out on me... I mean in addition to not reading-up on the D-mini's usage/modes. I was cleaning it up and treating it with Deoxit Gold and swiped the back face of the LED module with a bit of it. I knew all contact areas were safe, but this spot made me think twice as soon as I did it. I just looked at this area again and whatever part of it WAS green is NOW green with blotchy-swirly yellow spots. I obviously used too much and didn't wipe it off and it probably was absorbed. I will get a pic up tomorrow b/c I doubt anyone knows what I'm talking about. But at least it seems okay now, so this hasn't aversely affected its functioning... yet.

lovecpf

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
guys why dont you never read the manuals comes with the flashlight?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys why dont you never read the manuals comes with the flashlight?

Because we know how a light works, they are all the same...

... despite that some have a very different UI! :nana:

RTFM!!!

I admit that I don't do it either, but if problems occur, it's a good idea to have a look inside... :poke: