Brightest neutral warm tint AA (any #) flashlight?

DJ_Mo

Newly Enlightened
I want to know what is the brightest AA (any #) neutral/warm tint flashlight available. Not sure if Fenix TK40 or TK45 comes in neutral/warm tint version.

I currently own EagleTac P100a2 and Romisen rc-n3 neutral versions.

Thanks

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
Whoops! I missed you saying (any #) - so if two AA cells is enough for you then I'll vote for the Vantage Warm. I have one and its a lovely hand held warm tint tool light.

steinstern

Newly Enlightened
if the zebralight h51/h51f will come with an neutral white xp-g and if the specs are right (200 lumen otf for the cool white version) it should be the brightest 1xAA, i think.

its an headlamp, though

i need to have this light!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
if the zebralight h51/h51f will come with an neutral white xp-g and if the specs are right (200 lumen otf for the cool white version) it should be the brightest 1xAA, i think.

its an headlamp, though

i need to have this light!

You can ask Zebralight to update the SC50 with the same XP-G emitter and the new circuit that they use the in the H51 that gives out an astounding 200lm OTF from a single Eneloop.

DJ_Mo

Newly Enlightened
Whoops! I missed you saying (any #) - so if two AA cells is enough for you then I'll vote for the Vantage Warm. I have one and its a lovely hand held warm tint tool light.

Yes the amount of AA batteries the flashlight uses doesn't matter.

What is the Vantage Warm? Do you have a link to the flashlight?

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
http://www.lumapower.com/90.html

VT-02 is warm, VT-01 is cool. 2xAA only, no 14500's compare to a cool q5 with 1xAA at close range, its a little brighter. I was about to do a couple of beamshots and a bit of a review of it sometime soon, but I bet a search will produce many other people's opinions. It's very well built, nice weight, good feel, and a nice light to have in the collection. I use it as my camping light, rather than for work, as it gives a calmer light for use around the family and in the tent. Good throw, nice spill. It'll never outdo a 18650 light for throw, but its a great all round warm AA light.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your EagleTac may already be the brightest stock 2xAA. Other than Quark 2xAAs, your best bet might be to get a 3xAA Dereelight host and order a Neutral White XP-G from NailBender, equipped with his 3.6V-8V driver.

Thrunite and Dereelight each sells a neutral-white XP-G that is driven at 1.5V for a nomina rating at 493 lumens. I can't keep straight whose model is regulated at what voltage. Thrunite had to clarify that his 2.7-9V version won't be regulated below 3.7V. I'm hopeful that that means it will deliver full regulated power with three NiZn AA cells (4.8V).

Last edited:

DJ_Mo

Newly Enlightened
So the famous Fenix TK40 and Fenix TK45 only comes in cool tint?

Do you have a link to the specific dereelight light you suggest? Also any links for the mod install (how hard is it to install?)

Your EagleTac may already be the brightest stock 2xAA. Other than Quark 2xAAs, your best bet might be to get a 3xAA Dereelight host and order a Neutral White XP-G from NailBender, equipped with his 3.6V-8V driver.

Thrunite and Dereelight each sells a neutral-white XP-G that is driven at 1.5V for a nomina rating at 493 lumens. I can't keep straight whose model is regulated at what voltage. Thrunite had to clarify that his 2.7-9V version won't be regulated below 3.7V. I'm hopeful that that means it will deliver full regulated power with three NiZn AA cells (4.8V).

Latest posts