Small thrower?

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a small throw oriented flashlight. ~$100 is my price range, and at this point I like the Lumapower D-Mini VX. Is there another option I may be overlooking? I was thinking to start off with the basic kit with the 18650 extender from Battery Junction and pick up the teleforce head if I wasn't satisfied. Is it possible to buy the teleforce separately? I couldn't seem to find it on Lumapower or Battery Junction's websites separately.

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link, kengps, bookmarked!

I'm just agonizing over the neutral vs. cool emitter. I love my neutral Quark MiNi 123, but in a thrower I'm inclined to get all the lumens I can get...

That shiningbeam light looks interesting, on the other hand. I like the voltage protection, as I would like to use recovered laptop 18650s in it. Are there any reviews? My google-fu couldn't find any.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's small but does not use 18650 if that is what you want but the Jet-I Pro is my best thrower for it's size, drop in a 14500 for even more reach.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any Surefire single cell light with TiR Optic will net you the most throw.

The L1 and E1b are my favorates. My personal favorate is by are the biggest throw light that laughs at Aspheric lights in similar size like lensbright mini's:oops:, sorry but its true.

Anyhow its not readily available and its likely the most expensive too. Of course the L1 head is direct drive and you can stick a singel CR123 hosts to it and accomplish a 3in total lengh light, but the runtime will suffer.

P6070010.jpg

P6070012.jpg