4 Sevens
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ██ SCAM ██ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light ██ SCAM ██

Default Re: ███ SCAM ███ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED! ███ SCAM ███

Wow, I didn't know this!

Does this mean all the other MJ "customs" are just mass market lights that have been rebranded?

The Extreme 3 is almost exactly a Liteflux, so I always wondered why it cost so much?

Default Re: ███ SCAM ███ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED! ███ SCAM ███

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Wow, I didn't know this!

Does this mean all the other MJ "customs" are just mass market lights that have been rebranded?

The Extreme 3 is almost exactly a Liteflux, so I always wondered why it cost so much?
    Well, Michael Jordan did bring 6 championships to Bulls, oh wait, we are talking about Mike Jordan

Default Re: 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED!

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    +1
    the fall from grace can hurt when you hit the bottom. Do like the hi profile people...........own it, tell us the whole truth and then start to heal.
    Everybody get a second and sometimes a third chance
    +1 on this. Absolute best thing he can do right now is explain himself fully and honestly. Maybe he got duped, or maybe he was trying to do the duping, but get it all out in the open.

Tiger Woods had an affair and tried to hide it. David Letterman had an affair but sucked it up and owned up to his actions. Which of those two people is more prominent in your mind for their actions?

Hopefully he'll leave all the excuses behind and give us an honest answer. Right now's exactly the time where he decides whether to rebuild or bury his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by QtrHorse View Post
    I have seen that X6 Cannon on Alibaba but did not want to trash the FS thread and I could not find it when I looked for it again.[...]
    QtrHorse this is one heck of a piece of information.

Are you sure you can't find it in your browser history?
    If it has been withdrawn from Alibaba, anyone know how we could get a cached version of the page?

I am so glad I never bought from him. I always had the feeling that something was "off" in his sales posts. Too much hype and advertisement that sounded weird.

Yep, I guess many consider the extreme 3 to be a masterpiece, I'll retract my statement, sorta. They were nice lights, just seem like slightly re-engineered Litefluxes...

I didn't follow the other MJ threads, too rich for my blood.

THis is just disappointing.

Wow, what a thread. What a way to get yourself caught too. Ballsy, stupid, inconsiderate... anything for a quick buck I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by tino_ale View Post
    ....I am so glad I never bought from him. I always had the feeling that something was "off" in his sales posts. Too much hype and advertisement that sounded weird.
    +1. I always had the exact same feeling. Not to say that I wasn't tempted once or twice (even recently with the Ti SF), but fortunately I didn't succumb.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Wow, I didn't know this!

What? You guys don't know who made that light?

His Extreme III was supposed to be a special "Limited Run" of lights, they are still being released to this day. Now if some one was doing a "Limited Run", why would so many hosts be made in the first place?? People were questioning how many would be produced prior to it's release, and that question was ignored. I think MJ's dishonesty goes back farther than you might think.

IIRC the initial order was for 700 units but that was reduced to 400.

I got to see a couple of Ostar type lights from ArcMania and always thought the quality was amazing.

Yet the performance where it counts was low, but I just figured it was something inherent to Ostar LED's not being as efficient as we like.

___________Production & Limited Runs_______________________
    Light_____________________LED_____________ Cells____________ Lumens____ Time___5m lux__1m lux (cal)__
    ArcMania_________________Ostar SMT__________1 AW 2600mAh_________ 405.0______1 sec____394______9,850_______
    SF III__________________________________________________________ 368.5______30 sec_______________________
    __________________________________________________________ ______362.3______1 min________________________
    __________________________________________________ _______________352.3______2 min________________________
    __________________________________________________ _______________343.8______3 min________________________
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by KuKu427 View Post
    What? You guys don't know who made that light?
    Do tell, please...

If it has been withdrawn from Alibaba, anyone know how we could get a cached version of the page?

I am so glad I never bought from him. I always had the feeling that something was "off" in his sales posts. Too much hype and advertisement that sounded weird.
    I did look for about 2 minutes and found that one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

Looks pretty similar to the light in that link on the first page.
    Although its just as expensive as the one arcmania sold.

LiteFlux... I thought people knew this...

I had a minor malfunction on the laptop that I originally found it on so I cannot view my old history. I tried for days after that to find it again but could not. That is the only reason I did not post in his thread or inform a Mod because I could not be 100% certain. I do not even slightly remember what the price was either. It was a late night when I was searching for the manufacture of the Tactical HID 24W lights.

Just for the record, there is nothing wrong with making a profit on an item, even a good profit but I believe honesty is also needed. In this case, there seems to have been a lack of honesty and then a pathetic attempt to cover it up.

I still want to see what name he comes up with for the Taiwanese contractor.

I still want to see what name he comes up with for the Taiwanese contractor.

I don't believe the "Contractor" he used to "assemble" the X6 for him was ever revealed, so I doubt it will come to light this time either.

And I doubt there was ever a contractor.

certain creations of his did rouse suspicion but accusations can't be made until sound evidence is procured. For one thing many of the customs here who create "limited runs" discontinue their completed lights up to a certain period of time, yet its been how many years now since the Micro Extreme III came out and they are still available at lighthound. Its these subtle contradictions that makes people wonder, maybe in the future I'll jot down a list of contradictions I see around here

Quote Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
    Looks pretty similar to the light in that link on the first page.Although its just as expensive as the one arcmania sold.

compared to ArcManias: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=281978

I think we found his supplier

Lets not forget the X6 http://www.lighthound.com/ARCMania-X...le_p_3296.html

compared to: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/30...lashlight.html

While I would appreciate the introduction of good engineered lights to the forum, why not sell it reasonably as a dealer in CPFM, why scale it in customs?
    Last edited by Illum; 07-27-2010 at 09:50 AM.

who made those SF bodies? it sure has a nice design

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    who made those SF bodies? it sure has a nice design

TnC, do a search for their Hyperlux....It is essentially the same light.

Quote Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
    I did look for about 2 minutes and found that one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

Looks pretty similar to the light in that link on the first page.
    Although its just as expensive as the one arcmania sold.

Great Job, detective IMSabbel:
    One of the pictures shows an image lower left corner, it looks like one of the image that he used in X6 thread.

My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

Wow, right now I am thinking of sending a thank you note to McGizmo, Data, Milky, Tranquility Base, Photonfanatic, Mac, Peter, Henry, everyone at Surefire and many other custom modders and builders for their WORK and HONESTY....

Oh, perhaps I just did. Thank you all!!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ma_sha1 View Post
    Great Job, detective IMSabbel:
    One of the pictures shows an image lower left corner, it looks like one of the image that he used in X6 thread.

Got a link to the item in the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by jp2515 View Post
    Got a link to the item in the photo?
    Yes, see link below, the Weiken LED technology Inc. got to be the original Mfg.
    It's most likely he OEMed the two models & renamed them X6 & X6 canon respectively.
    The X6 fooled a bunch of people but the X6 Cannon was not successful, perhaps, things already stated smelling fishy?

Compare the image on the Wkled site:
    http://www.wkled.com/main/2007121511...09102619563475

to the X6 Cannon feeler photo:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=281978

He didn't even take his own photo, just cropped the OEM mfg. photo instead.

OMFG
    Last edited by ma_sha1; 07-27-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Well I'll give him credit, it's a fairly impressive looking photo!

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    Wow, right now I am thinking of sending a thank you note to McGizmo, Data, Milky, Tranquility Base, Photonfanatic, Mac, Peter, Henry, everyone at Surefire and many other custom modders and builders for their WORK and HONESTY....

Oh, perhaps I just did. Thank you all!!
    OK...I gotta come clean...all my lights and parts are from Kmart, and I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Quote Originally Posted by TranquillityBase View Post
    OK...I gotta come clean...all my lights and parts are from Kmart, and I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Too much information, we didn't need to hear that, plaese DO NOT post a photo. NOooooooooooooo

LiteFlux... I thought people knew this...
    Well, yeah, that was pretty obvious from the start. I thought you had some new information.

First time I saw it I thought, "weird, a re-engineered, rebranded Liteflux, wonder why it costs so much". Then of course the masses stated how it was a limited run and super special etc...

It was definitely an improved model. Just not limited nor worth double a Liteflux price.

Quote Originally Posted by TranquillityBase View Post

I knew it! I thought I saw some of your designs on DX!

Yeah, right...