Any Jetbeam JET-I PRO update info?

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Jetbeam quickly updated the RRT-0 to XP-G; and there has been a murmur within CPF of the JET-I Pro following suit. Personally, I would like to see an XP-G neutral (with a reflector designed for it) and a forward clicky. This would be an update, but given the current version's "throwy" goal and performance, would it be an upgrade? Any thoughts or timelines?

Thanks, - Jas.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping they have a lower low like .5 lumens, otherwise I'm happy with my Jet I v2

JDest

Newly Enlightened
Jet-I Pro V.4?:hitit: I've been holding off for SO long on the V.3 in anticipation of what has to be the inevitable update. Please Flashlight Gods :bow:, let it be your will that this happens. And soon.

SeanAU

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam quickly updated the RRT-0 to XP-G; and there has been a murmur within CPF of the JET-I Pro following suit. Personally, I would like to see an XP-G neutral (with a reflector designed for it) and a forward clicky. This would be an update, but given the current version's "throwy" goal and performance, would it be an upgrade? Any thoughts or timelines?

Thanks, - Jas.

A while ago I emailed a few places (nitecore, jetbeam) about XP-G Single AA plans, and this is the response I got from JetBeam.

Yes, we will plan to use Cree XP-G in our flashlights, such as RRT0(R5 is coming soon),1,2, JET I PRO, JET III PRO.

If you are interested you can contact our local dealer for more info.

No ETA unfortunately, but apparently it's coming.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one as well as long as they design a new reflector surface like a lightly textured. I don't like the donut with my RRT0 XPG and the Jet-I is the same size head and reflector, now I know their is a textured reflector that I have in my Jet-I Pro, Jet-III ST Pro, RRT0 R2 and I know I can buy one and use it my RRT0 R5 (I think) but it is fairly heavy texture and I think just a light texture would take care of the donut.

sniper66

Newly Enlightened
I am also a very big fan of the JetBeam flashlights, having M1X, RRT-1, RRT-2, Jet-III M, and Jet-I Pro v3.0. All have textured reflectors, and except the M1X, all have R2 in it. Beams are really exceptionally good for a R2 binning and I could not be happier.

3 weeks ago I got the info from my dealer, that JB come's out with XPG-R5. First, being enthusiastic, my heart was laughing and I thought about all the money I will have to spend the next future. But then I thought about it again and came to the conclusion, that I will stay with the R2, simply because I am fully satisfied and R2 with textured reflectors gives great beams AND throw. What I did was to buy the Jet-III M with R2 and textured reflector, as long as they are still available. I am not willed to sacrifice that for newer binning or slightly better energy-management or a few more lumen which will hardly be noticeable in the field.

I love my Jet-I v 3.0, the minimum low is low enough for me and this light serves me well since I have it. Generally driven with LIR 14500 it is outstanding in performance and should the situation arise where I run out of energy I put in an alkaline which are widely available for peanuts, I will be happy and enjoy life!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped a textured reflector in the RRT0 R5 from my Jet-III Pro ST and the beam is now really good, no donut and nice bright spill. I guess I can do the same for a future Jet-I Pro XPG if they also release it with the smooth.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
I'm hoping they have a lower low like .5 lumens, otherwise I'm happy with my Jet I v2

When I saw your avatar, and before reading your response - I knew, based on other threads, you would voice your desire for a lower low. As long as the JET I remained 3 modes, I am in agreement.

Jet-I Pro V.4?:hitit: I've been holding off for SO long on the V.3 in anticipation of what has to be the inevitable update. Please Flashlight Gods :bow:, let it be your will that this happens. And soon.

Looks like we are members of the same denomination - can I get an AMEN!

A while ago I emailed a few places (nitecore, jetbeam) about XP-G Single AA plans, and this is the response I got from JetBeam.

No ETA unfortunately, but apparently it's coming.

Thanks for sharing the most concrete evidence yet - and taking the initiative to ask in the first place.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
...But then I thought about it again and came to the conclusion, that I will stay with the R2, simply because I am fully satisfied and R2 with textured reflectors gives great beams AND throw... I am not willed to sacrifice that for newer binning or slightly better energy-management or a few more lumen which will hardly be noticeable in the field.

This gets to the heart of my question; would the transition to XP-G be an improvement for the JET-I? The argument within my feeble mind: "There's always room for improvement" vs. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Tough call.

Thanks for your insight.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
I would like one as well as long as they design a new reflector surface like a lightly textured. I don't like the donut with my RRT0 XPG and the Jet-I is the same size head and reflector, now I know their is a textured reflector that I have in my Jet-I Pro, Jet-III ST Pro, RRT0 R2 and I know I can buy one and use it my RRT0 R5 (I think) but it is fairly heavy texture and I think just a light texture would take care of the donut.

I dropped a textured reflector in the RRT0 R5 from my Jet-III Pro ST and the beam is now really good, no donut and nice bright spill. I guess I can do the same for a future Jet-I Pro XPG if they also release it with the smooth.

This also addresses the heart of my question - and it looks like you may have answered it with the reflector exchange. I am willing to accept a brighter fill at the cost of some throw (inherent w/XP-G) - did the exchange produce these results? Do you think your lightly textured vs heavily textured reflector theory still applies? I wonder if there are comparison pics of the RRT-0 in XP-G with SMO vs OP - (pressing the search function now...)

I too am donut averse - especially evident with my Quark Turbo with smooth reflector (only option). I bought the WW version for winter use. I can shine a Mag 3D incan right down the middle of the Turbo's beam thus completely eliminating the donut with the exact same tint resulting in a near perfect beam. Not all that convenient though...

Thanks for your input. - Jas.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, no! I already have two Jet 1 Pro v.3s, a gray anodized model with a Q3 5A, and an olive anodized model with an R2, both with OP reflectors. The warm tint for outdoors, the cool tint for around the city and the burbs. A great output range on 14500s, tons of throw, and the ability to use all those Eneloops I've got.

Now, if they bring out an XP-G model, with the proper reflector, I should be able to hold out until they give us a warm XP-G option, then I'll be sunk.