New Nitecore D10 SP PROBLEM

MAILLIW

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone

I have been reading a lot of good reviews lately about the Nitecore D10 SP so I decided to pick one up from BatteryJunction. However just after a day of use I am having problems with the light. These problems include: light turning on by itself after lock-out mode and light turning on when bumped on the end even in lock-out mode. I attached a video for you guys to take a look. Is this problem normal? the battery I used was just a normal Duracell AA alkaline. I emailed customer service at batteryjunction regarding the issue and all they said was use a battery less than 50mm and so far they havent told me which brands would work/ under 50mm. any advice? thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCmpeV0dTFs
Heres the video thanks again!

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like some of the typical issues I've seen with Nitecore lights. I really like their designs, but they've got some awfully flimsy drivers.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the positive terminal in the head (the round brass in the centre). This terminal has to be perfectly clean to ensure reliable use. If it is a little dirty, you get a weak connection. When you gently tap your light on its' end (as per your video), the weight of the battery acting on the tail spring can provide just enough downward movement of the battery to interrupt the connection - making the processor think you have removed and replaced the cell causing the light to come on.

If, after you have cleaned this terminal and the positive terminal of the battery, it is still not working properly, then you must have faulty light - I just checked my D10 SP here and after hitting it quite hard against the table numerous times, it did not come on!!

Good luck,

James....:)

MAILLIW

Newly Enlightened
Hey jimmy1970

Thanks for the advice I will try them all and if nothing then I will have to send it back which would be unfortunate since I think the D10 has all the traits of a good EDC light.