Boker Exskelibur

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boker is on a roll! So many cool new designs this year, Ti subcom, Exskelibur, Haddock, Rhino, Valkyrie etc...

Quality on the Exskelibur is impeccable, I'd put it right up there with my best finished Spydercos three times the price, sure blow the "Chinese junk" stereotype right out of the water.

3.5" of 440C blade, single anodized Ti liner, matching anodized Ti clip, contoured G10 handle. Only weights 3 oz.

Opening is so smooth, it can be opened with the protruded tang as designed, flicked open, or simply push your thumb against the blade and open it as you would a thumbstud knife.

If Boker keep this up their market share would go through the roof!

18897239.jpg

47589776.jpg

10012795.jpg

33887657.jpg

carrot

Flashaholic
Sweet... I've been eyeing the custom one but maybe the Boker version will keep me satiated for awhile...

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice looking nice jzmtl, and a little easier on the pockets than the custom. I've been curious to see a picture of the liner lock and it's thickness. Would you mind posting a picture of it?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I'm sure your customs will have a field day with it the way directly from factory, but the pivot can be tightened to prevent that.

Indeed they would, I believe their interpretation of the Assisted Openers made by the likes of Kershaw would be equally as detrimental :(

alphazeta

Enlightened
Looks to be a decent translation of the Burger.
Thanks for the close-up pic of the sandwiched scales
AZ

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice looking nice jzmtl, and a little easier on the pockets than the custom. I've been curious to see a picture of the liner lock and it's thickness. Would you mind posting a picture of it?

The liner is relatively thin, I've tried to force blade close with my hand (not spine whacking!) and it held up fine.

dscn0652.jpg

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
Geez guys...... will ya'll quit bumping this gorgeous pocket knife thread to the top. :mad:

I'm broke from buying all these flashlights, chargers, batteries etc. :broke:

I have to say that this has to be one of the nicest pocket knives I've seen in a long time. Simple, classy, useful drop point shape.... everything I want and nothing more.

I suspect one will find it's way into my pocket sooner, rather than later.

Regards

Christian aka

Kaptain "No money..... no funny" Zero

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to handle 3 of the smaller version at a well known VA shop and picked what I thought was the best one based mostly on blade centering and lock up.

When I got it home I noticed, the clip screws were way loose and they seem to screw just into the G10 not the liner, but I can't be sure without disassembly. The stop pin was canted at an angle, so there is a gap on one side, the liner lock would move around as I used the knife. Also the pivot is not adjustable with any normal tools.

I am debating on whether to return or exchange, but the other two in stock had off center blades and lockups past 50% so I will probably just get my money back.

Count me as not impressed. Great price and materials though, superlight and feels good in the hand are the plus sides.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Liner locks must be made perfectly to be reliable. It should never move while you're using the knife. I'd take the knife back as well.